64 agonizingly long days until Diablo 4: The perfect alternative is currently on sale with a 70% discount
On the one hand, it was of course cool that we were able to play Diablo 4 very extensively for the first time during the beta, on the other hand, of course, we now have to wait until the beginning of June until the happy demon carving continues. For many of you, the question of good and cheap alternatives that can be used to bridge the waiting time in a fun way will certainly arise.
Two great offers for PlayStation and Xbox: When browsing through the PS and Microsoft stores, we noticed that the two predecessors are currently very heavily discounted:
- Diablo 2: Resurrected (€13.19, €39.99 without sale) – You can currently get the remaster of the classic for PS4, PS5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S at a greatly reduced price.
- Diablo Prime Evil Collection (€19.79, €59.99 without sale): In addition to Diablo 2, there is also Diablo 3 including the Reaper of Souls addon and the Necromancer DLC on top. The offer is currently only available in the PS Store.
Until when do the offers run? Until April 13th, so you have exactly two weeks left.
This is Diablo 2: Resurrected
In September 2021, Diablo 2: Resurrected was released, an extensively revised remaster of Diablo 2 including the Lord of Destruction expansion.
What’s new in the remaster: Most striking is the completely renewed 3D graphics including new character models of the seven classes. Blizzard also worked on the sound and the cutscenes. You can also play the game in single or multiplayer with the following Quality of Life improvements compared to the 2000 classic:
- a larger loot chest
- shared bank slots between your characters
- automatic gold collection
- Sort inventory with one touch
- Fill belt with potions from inventory on command
- Previously exclusive ladder items and runewords are now available in every game mode.
If you want to know more about Diablo 2: Resurrected, you can find the detailed Hack ‘n Slay test here:
Diablo 3 is also worth more than a look
With the Diablo Prime Evil Collection, you can get Diablo 3 including the Reaper of Souls expansion and the Necromancer DLC for the Diablo 2 remaster in the PS Store for a small additional charge.
Although the last main offshoot of the series had to take some criticism, especially for the 2012 release, for its colourful, comic-like graphic style and its simplified skill system, among other things. Apart from that, you get a great action RPG, especially with the Reaper of Souls addon, which is excellently controlled via controller and captivates you for dozens of hours with its loot spiral.
Diablo 4 will be available for pre-order on June 2nd, regular June 6th for PS4, PS5, Xbox consoles and PC. Beforehand you will find a detailed test on GamePro, which will tell you how cool the hack ‘n slash is in single player and also how much fun we had with the MMO aspect and the co-op.
Will you take a look at the predecessors before the Diablo 4 release or can you wait until June?