Super Mario Bros. games on Nintendo Switch they have covered virtually all major genres, from well-known and challenging platform games, to other sports or RPG.
Be that as it may, Super Mario has not ceased to be present on Nintendo Switch in one way or another. In fact, we would not be surprised to see an upcoming announcement related to the series, taking into account that the first official trailer for the Mario movie will be shown on October 6, which will be released in USA on March 31.
In order to prepare ourselves for this installment properly, this time we will review all Super Mario Bros. games that are available on Nintendo Switch in 2022in case you have left one without playing.
All Super Mario games on Nintendo Switch in 2022
Even though we haven’t had many main series installments in recent years, the Mario games have been very present in switch.
Both Mario and his friends can be found in many games of switch, from main titles to fun spin-offs. The hybrid platform has also featured multiple remasters and the ability to access classic games from the series.
Below you will find a list with all Super Mario games available on Nintendo Switch in 2022, including some starring other characters from the series such as Luigi, Yoshi, or even Toad:
- super mario odyssey
- NES and SNES Super Mario Bros. Classics (NS Online)
- Nintendo 64 Super Mario Bros. Classics (NS Online + Expansion Pack)
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
- Super Mario 3D All-Stars
- Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury
- Super Mario Party
- Mario Party Superstars
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games: Tokyo 2020
- Arcade Archives VS. SUPER MARIO BROS.
- Arcade Archives: Mario Bros.
- Super Mario Bros. 35
- Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope
- Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle
- Super Mario Maker 2
- Paper Mario: The Origami King
- Mario Tennis Aces
- Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit
- Mario Golf: Super Rush
- Mario Strikers: Battle League Football
- Luigi’s Mansion 3
- Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
- Yoshi’s Crafted World
- WarioWare: Get It Together!
The best-selling Mario games on Nintendo Switch
Mario games on Nintendo Switch they have been much more successful than previous platforms due to the evolution of the industry. The nintendo hybrid console it is very accessible, so its core games can reach more people.
But this may not have to do with the platform. The Super Mario Bros. series has sold hundreds of millions of games in its lifetime. In fact, if we count the spin-offs of the Mario universe, this franchise has more than 100 games that have sold at least 1 million units, which is an outrageous figure.
Below you can take a look at the 14 Mario games on Nintendo Switch with more units sold by 2022:
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 55.27 million between Wii U and Nintendo Switch
- Super Mario Odyssey – 23.93 million
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe – 22.20 between Wii U and Nintendo Switch
- Super Mario Party – 18.06 million
- Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury – 15.31 million between Wii U and Nintendo Switch
- Super Mario 3D All-Stars – 9.07 million
- Super Mario Maker 2 – 7.89 million
- Mario Party Superstars – 6.88 million
- Mario Tennis Aces – 4.28 million
- Paper Mario: The Origami King – 3.34 million
- Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle – 2.50 million
- Mario Golf: Super Rush – 2.35 million
- Mario Strikers: Battle League Football – 1.91 million
- Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit – 1.58 million
The effect of Mario games on the Nintendo Switch
Super Mario Bros. is a video game series developed by Nintendo exclusively for their platforms. Only its users can enjoy these legendary deliveries, and the best way to playing Super Mario in 2022 is on Nintendo Switch.
The reason is that Mario is one of the “console-selling” franchises of Nintendo. each game of Super Mario Bros. or its spin-offs add a lot of value to the console, since they are made with great care. That is why these titles usually offer unique experiences that always end up convincing fans.
In fact, the first Mario game for Nintendo Switch It was none other than Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, one of the best-selling platform titles to date. Despite being only a remaster, its gameplay and additional content served to promote the concept of the hybrid console: playing anytime, anywhere, one of the keys to Mario games on Nintendo Switch.
Players can pause their games and take them to the bus or schoolyard. Because this series doesn’t require online even for its most competitive titles, there’s no stopping you from enjoying the magical worlds of the Mushroom Kingdom on the go. And taking into account that Super Mario Bros. does not require ultra-realistic graphics, its HD games usually fit perfectly with the concept of switch.
To this we must add that a large part of the nintendo switch mario games they are masterpieces on their own that would be successful on any console, regardless of their concepts.