Battlefield 2042 Season 1 is updated to version 1.2 with fixes and reworks
DICE and Electronic Arts will release tomorrow a new update for Zero Hour, Season 1 of Battlefield 2042. Broadly speaking, as EA has detailed through a press release, this new patch that updates Zero Hour to version 1.2 includes some balance changes and fixes to make weapons and vehicles more balanced with the intention of making the games much fairer. In addition, it also includes some static updates and a new player profile from which you can review various statistics to see our performance and progression since the game was released.
Complete list of changes in patch 1.2
- Kaleidoscope has been redesigned to provide a better flow of play thanks to new cover assets, flag positions, terrain elevations, and visual updates to various locations on the map.
- We’re introducing the first style and tone change for Specialists, which includes several updated character models.
- The power of the 30mm cannon on the RAH-68 Huron and YG-99 Hannibal has been reduced, so it will overheat much faster. This will help us limit their impact on the infantry and increase balance.
- An in-game profile and stats page is now available. Provides a summary of your performance and progress since launch.
- Adjusted controller aim assist to ensure it is more fluid and consistent when following moving targets.
- The BSV-M’s auto mode now takes an accuracy penalty and high powered bullets lose damage faster over range.
Those responsible have taken advantage of the statement to remember that this is the last update of the game scheduled before moving on to Season 2, which is scheduled for the end of this month of August.
A shooter that has a long way to go
“Is it fun? Yes. Does it have good maps? Yes. I’m going to like it if I’m a fan of the saga? Yes. Does it have bugs at launch? Yes (although it’s completely playable and we’ve had a pretty good time playing it, mind you). missing content? Yes. We have no doubt that Battlefield 2042 it comes out sooner than it should, that It is a game with a lot of potential that still needs a few months of development to reach its maximum level“, we commented at the time in our analysis.