With the upcoming update 2.0, Cyberpunk 2077 wants to do a lot of things new and different. And the nice thing about it: The patch is released completely free of charge. Here we summarize all the important information for you.
Cyberpunk 2077 – Update 2.0 Release
- Release on Thursday: You can get the free patch from 21st September Download on PS5, Xbox Series X/S and PC.
- As previously known, the patch will not be released on PS4 and Xbox One.
A specific release time for Update 2.0 is not officially known. Previous major Cyberpunk 2077 updates were released at 6 p.m. (German time) in the past.
We also summarize all the known information about Update 2.0 for you in this video:
Cyberpunk 2077 – All content of Update 2.0 at a glance
- Reworked skill trees and perks
- Revised cyberware and the new capacity system
- Vehicle combat and car chases
- AI improvements in combat
- New police system
- UI and UX improvements
- Changes to loot, crafting and items
- New radio stations, including community station Growl FM
Try out the new skill tree now on the official website: One of the most important changes in the update is the revised skill tree, which you can even test out using the official Build Planner from CD Projekt RED. We’ll explain how this works here:
Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty – Major expansion will be released in a few days
With Phantom Liberty there will also be a paid expansion that brings with it some new features that Update 2.0 does not include.
This is in the paid story DLC Phantom Liberty
- New District “Dogtown”
- New storyline and characters
- New quests, gigs, boss fights and more
- Vehicle missions and airdrops – “endless dynamic events”
- Completely new Relic skill tree and abilities
- Over 100 new items – weapons, cyberware, vehicles, clothes
- Vehicle rocket launcher
- Level cap increased to 60
Phantom Liberty release: The expansion will be released on September 26, 2023 for PS5, Xbox Series X/S and PC; there will also be no version for PS4 and Xbox One.
In Phantom Liberty, NUSA President Rosalind Myers involves us in a delicate espionage mission in which we have to deal with political power games. We slip into the role of V again, of course again in the (forced) company of Johnny Silverhand, who lives in the head of our character. There are also new characters, including private detective Solomon Reed, played by Idris Elba, who also appears in the trailer above.
Will you give Cyberpunk 2077 another chance with the latest update 2.0? Or maybe you haven’t played the RPG yet and are starting from scratch with the patch?