Destiny 2 Lightfall: Raid “Root of Nightmares” – everything to start and what you need to know
Destiny 2 also offers a matching raid called “Root of Nightmares” for each DLC release, which is intended to challenge many guardians. So that you know when the raid in Lightfall takes place, what its topic is and what you should pay attention to, we summarize all this information here in our overview.
When does Lightfall’s new raid start? Mark Friday, March 10, at 6 p.m. in your calendar.
- On March 10th at 6:00 p.m. the “Root of Nightmares” raid will start for all players, but first in contest mode.
- The contest mode will last until Sunday, March 12th at 6:00 p.m.
- You have 48 hours to complete this difficult challenge in competitive mode and get either the sole victory or the prestige raid emblem.
- After Competitive Mode expires, all Guardians can fly into the raid normally and then experience the new content without the added difficulty of Competitive Mode.
In the following part we will now show you what you should know about the contest mode and where the location could be.
Raid in Lightfall – Everything about the day-one and the location
Will there be a day one run? Yes, there will also be a day-one run for the “Root of Nightmares” raid and this will be held in the form of the contest mode.
Bosses also become veritable sponges that can easily take massive damage. Basically, it’s a nightmarish version of the affected raid that will have Guardians gritting their teeth for hours.
After the contest mode, the players who successfully survive and complete the raid first will be rewarded with a prestigious championship belt.
Everyone else who was slower but still complete the raid in the Competitive mode timeframe will receive an exclusive Raid Emblem that can also only be earned within the first 48 hours.
What should I put attention on? It is not yet clear which weapons, Exos and equipment you should take with you. Despite this, upcoming patch notes have made it clear what you should keep an eye on:
- Legendary Linear Fusion Rifles will be weakened in terms of their damage
- Grenade launchers are buffed for this and receive more damage
- Machine guns also get a buff to their damage
Nevertheless, the rule applies in every day-one raid: Take everything that could be useful with you, because you never know when you might need these items. Also, the changing conditions in armor builds could make changes necessary in the week leading up to the raid, which should be planned for.
Destiny 2: Lightfall will radically change the build system – meant to be a fresh start
Where will the raid take place? Nothing further is known about the new raid, apart from the start time and the name “Root of Nightmares”. Despite this, there are many theories about the raid and where it should take place. Sounds most plausible:
- It could take place in another dimension or another age.
- However, the raid may also play in the traveler or with the traveler.
- Or a third game could come into play that the Guardians must hunt down in an earlier time to prevent all that has taken place up until now.
The Destiny community is already speculating whether these are Dark Dreams and whether the old “Galaxy Pools” could be revived. But that’s just theory at the moment.
The raid in the traveler comes from a theory that fans had also put together (via reddit.com). However, Bungie describes the situation surrounding the new raid in the following words:
A terrifying being from an unknown time and place has made its presence felt. We must now confront the ancient menace that grows at the gates of our homeland.
In the official description, Bungie speaks of the “gates of home”. These gates could mean the last city and home is thus the traveler who had given many guardians another life through his powers. Guardians essentially have the last city as their only home, as they exist solely to protect the last of humanity and fight against the darkness.
But despite all the speculation: which creature is the opponent is actually still unknown. Fact doesn’t matter which way you look at it, though, there’s plenty of room for interpretation on this topic for Guardians to share. But that’s exactly what makes it all the more exciting for all players who will be the first to explore the raid on March 10th.
What do you all mean? Where will the new raid take place? is it a time raid? Let us know your theory in a comment!