A new week in Destiny 2 is beginning and that means it’s reset day again with the option of a fresh top loot. So if you were unlucky last week, you can try again starting today. As always, MeinMMO tells you what new challenges are waiting for you.
This is happening this week: New week new luck. The Weekly Reset in Destiny 2 brings new loot and challenges every Tuesday at 7 p.m.
After last week’s story revelations and wild theories about who will be the beginning of the end in Destiny 2, many Guardians are excited to see what’s to come. The time has finally come, because the seasonal story “Sails of the Ship Thief” is continued a little further with steps 42 to 48.
Anyone who was unlucky with the top loot last week can also get started again. There’s a new Dawn waiting in the Cosmodrome, new seasonal challenges, and the second challenge in the “King’s Fall” raid on Grandmaster difficulty.
Alongside this, as always, there will be the regular playlist options. That’s why we’re now showing you what today’s rotation entails in total.
The most important information about activities from 27.09 to 04.10.
Vanguard: Dawn – The Crucible
The Twilight: The Crucible is the Strike:
- The *text muted*’s Denin the cosmodrome
- There the fallen riot again. Load up your shotguns, pack up your Gjallarhorn and put an end to the fallen god “Sepiks Primus”.
This week’s Dusk Weapon: As a reward for your run, you always get a special twilight weapon. In Season 18, Bungie has good old-school options to offer.
- This week you can hunt the Silicon Neuroma Kinetic Sniper Rifle.
You will be able to earn the master version (Adept) of the twilight weapons next week, from October 4th. Then the hardest PvE difficulty in Destiny 2 called “Frontrunner” starts.
Playlist strikes have the following modifiers this week:
- Solar Scorch
- The Singe modifier stays with you throughout the week, the others change daily.
Endgame: Raid challenges and dungeon rotation
This happens in the Raid “Königfall”:
Last week, the first challenge in the King’s Fall raid “The grass is always greener” started. However, in week two you can expect a new challenge called “Sneaky Theft” at the Warpriest encounter.
- In the Backstabbing challenge, players are not allowed to hold the Initiate’s Mark buff for more than five seconds. The challenge is anything but easy. It requires precise timing and close coordination between the players trading the buff.
In addition, those wishing to progress towards the Seal of Triumph must play the challenge on Grandmaster difficulty in order to obtain the Ossein Earthshatter Sparror.
The following requirements and challenges await you:
- In Normal mode, completing a challenge earns you double the loot.
- The requirement of each encounter for grandmasters is power level 1600 with champions.
- You only get status-specific armor and master weapons from the grandmaster raid.
- You can also earn the new Oryx-themed raid-exclusive Exotics in Grandmaster.
You get additional top rewards from the endgame:
- In the Dreaming City Raid, a “Last Wish” awaits you.
- On the moon in the “Pit of Heresy” a lonely Hive Knight.
For all Guardians who would like to revisit the futuristic new content in Lightfall that is going live in Destiny 2 with the new DLC 2023, here is an exclusive preview.
With Season 18, more activities have come to Destiny 2 that turn the Guardians into pirates with their own crew and puzzle them over cryptic quatrains.
- Ketch Crash: Engage in ship-to-ship combat to stop Eramis and her band of pirates from wreaking havoc across the galaxy in this new 6-player activity.
- Expedition: Compile treasure maps, search for treasure and return to your ship while fending off enemy pirate crews.
- Pirate Hideouts: Fight your way through weekly missions and loot powerful relics hidden in the pirate lords’ lairs. This week is “Antiquar VI”.
In addition, the content of the current DLC “The Witch Queen” is still active and can be played. For example in the weekly repeatable campaEsports Extrasmission.
Savathun’s Throne World – Weekly campaEsports Extrasmission
- “The ghosts”
- The Guardians have discovered traces of a spirit pointing to Sagira. Can the dead spirit of Osiris help solve the mystery of Savathun? But in order for the memory to be uncovered, you must first find him.
Crucible – These are the PvP playlists:
- private match
- Glory Survival
- Glory Survival: Freelance
- show down
- Trials of Osiris (Starting September 30th)
Here’s a bonus for you this week:
- This week, the vagabond is once again generous. That’s why you can earn quick bonus ranks in Gambit with him and shoot the 15 particles you’ve collected out of the pockets of a few guardians.
Ascendant Challenge – Dreaming City
- Petra Venj has the 3rd Ascendant Challenge for you this week. You can find Petra and her quest offer at the Divalian Mists location in the Dreaming City. The City of the Awakened enters the second tier of corruption.
Sources of pinnacle loot in Destiny 2 Season 18
This is the new max level: In the new season of raiders, the maximum power level of your gear is 1,580. This means that the power level at the start of the new Season 18 has increased by +10 compared to the previous Season 17. All players receive the base base power level of 1,350.
How to get free loot: For all new and old Guardians who would like to play in the future or after a break, Bungie has prepared The Gift of the Thunder Gods in Season 18.
You can claim this Loot Chest for free in the HELM after completing the New Light campaign. It takes you to a power level of up to 1540 or more – with arc armor and weapons, as well as two exotic and ten legendary items. You can also pick up the rewards once for all your characters.
This top loot brings your power level up to 1,580:
- Top Legacy Raid “King’s Fall” (+2)
- Top Dungeon “Duality” (+2)
- Raid rotation this week: “Last Wish” (+2)
- Pit of Heresy Legacy Dungeon Rotation (+2)
- Accomplished in the Dawn: Trial by Fire with at least 100,000 points (+2)
- Weekly Witch Queen campaEsports Extrasmission with at least 100,000 points (+2)
- “The Wellspring” on Grandmaster (+2) difficulty
- Seasonal activity “Ketsch Crash” on Grandmaster (+2) difficulty
- Complete the Conservation activity in the Darkness Raid Pyramid (+2)
- “Tests of Courage of Eternity”: Score at least 250,000 points or more (+2)
- Defeat Mighty Cabal in the exotic mission “Vox Obscura” (+2)
- Complete 3 Gambit matches (+1)
- Complete 3 Crucible matches (+1)
- Complete 3 Vanguard Operation strikes with appropriate focus (+1)
- Hawthorne’s Clan Quest: Earn 5000 XP (+1)
- Trials of Osiris/ Start September 30th (+2)
Bright Dust Highlights in Eververse
For all fashion fans and Fortnite fans: This week you can snag the next piece for Bright Dust for the Fortnite Ornament Sets. This time, the leg ornaments are in the Eververse sale. So if you want the complete set, you should grab it, otherwise you’ll end up without the right pants later.
No idea what that looks like yet? Then take a look at this fashion tip. There MuffinBandit shows you in his YouTube shorts how cool you can make the Fortnite look.
If you don’t have anything to do with Fortnite, you can of course spend your luster dust, the playable in-game currency, on other things.
You might be interested in one of these offers:
- Objective Reality Exotic Weapon Ornament for the Truth Exo Launcher
- Exotic Sparrow “Urban Commander”
- Exotic Ghost Shell “Junkyard Shell”
- Splash Splash Exotic Emote
- Legendary Scan the Area Emote
- Legendary Ghost Projection “Treasure Map Projection”
- Legendary Ghost Projection “Infinity Door Projection”
- Rare Headache From Too Much Thinking Emote
- Energetic Explanation Rare Emote
- Breeze Clear Shader
- As well as these exotic Fortnite armor ornaments for each class:
- For the Hunter Ornament “Vengeance Everlasting” pants.
- For the Titan Black Knight Greaves.
- For the Warlock Painted Kitsune boot
Too little shine dust? So many great items, but already running out of Bright Dust? Then check out our tips on how to improve your Bright Dust budget.
Destiny 2: This is how you can quickly get shiny dust in 2022 – because if you don’t want to spend real money, you have to farm
Do you wish Nezarek back too? Or was this part of the story from Season 18 not so exciting for you? Let us know in the comments which activity you like to play first after the weekly reset and why.