Destiny 2: Weekly Reset on May 2nd – Kick-off for the Guardian Games 2023
In Destiny 2, friendly competition between classes begins today. This will last for three weeks until the end of Season 20. So we’ll show you what exciting things await you this week.
This is happening this week: Today the free event “Guardian Games” will start. That means the colorful podium and daily signum are back in the tower, as is your beloved Eva Levante, who still serves as the main presenter of this event. Speak to her to receive the Guardian Games quest and class item and get started right away.
- The Guardian Games begin on May 2nd and will run for three weeks, ending on May 23rd.
- As the official weapon of 2023 you can expect “Taraxippos”, the first legendary strand scout rifle.
- The Void SMG The Title is also back, albeit with new perks like Repulsor Boost.
- Complete each challenge to earn the brand new title, ‘Champ’.
- Bright Dust will also feature the three Guardian Games armor ornaments in Eververse.
Below we take a closer look at the changing activities and challenges this week and what you can expect. But first, enjoy the latest trailer to set the mood for the 2023 games:
The most important information about activities from 02.05 to 09.05
Vanguard: Dawn – The Crucible
- The Arms Dealerin the European Dead Zone
- You are dealing with a great many cabals there with solar and void shields. You also have to defeat the boss “Bracus Tynoc”, who likes to unleash his horde of war beasts on you.
Earn the Dusk Weapon this week: n / A
Endgame: Raid challenges and dungeon rotation
Farmable endgame in weekly rotation: In the further endgame the legacy rotations are waiting. Both the rotation raid and the rotation dungeon are farmable. This means you can complete the individual encounters again and again to receive a wide variety of items and complete your collection. Including possible exotics obtainable in this content.
- The weekly legacy raid is the Vex Vex Mythoclast Vault of Glass
- In addition, there is extra pinnacle loot in the Pit of Heresy dungeon
Bungie will continue to expand these activity rotations of content from Season 22 onwards. Then players can play not only raids and dungeons as “legacy”, but also old exotic missions.
Crucible – This is the rotating PvP activity:
Where’s a bonus this week?
- This week you can get a weekend bonus in the Trials.
With the weekly reset on May 2nd, a number of activities and challenges have been updated again, giving players a variety of rewards and progression, and making them better Wardens through repetition.
Lightfall – Weekly campaEsports Extrasmission
- “on the threshold”
- Travel to the place where the Curruli meditate and come to rest. There should be a lot of strands there so that you can train and develop your skills there. Or so Osiris hopes.
Ascendant Challenge – Dreaming City
If you still need Triumphs from the Dreaming City, then watch out. The Corruption reveals new approaches with a sip of “Queen’s Leaves Tincture”.
- Petra Venj can be found in the Rheasilvia area of the Dreaming City. It’s the 3rd curse week throughout the zone. The 4th Ascendant Challenge is to be mastered.
All sources for pinnacle loot in Destiny 2 Season 20
So that you know where you can effectively grab your top loot, we offer you a quick overview of activities every week.
This is the new max level: In the new Season of Resistance (Season 20), the power level increases drastically. The maximum power level of your equipment at 1,810. This means that the power level at the start of the new Season 20 has increased by +210 compared to the previous Season 19.
- In Lightfall Season 20, Guardians start at power level 1,600.
- The soft cap is 1,750.
- The powerful cap at 1,800.
- With top loot you can bring yourself to the hard cap of 1,810.
We list you the currently known activities that give you top loot and thus power levels so that you can level up quickly.
This top loot brings your power level up to 1,810:
- Top Raid “Root of Nightmares” (+2)
- Top dungeon “Pillar of the Warden” (+2)
- This week’s Legacy Raid rotation: Vault of Glass (+2) – farmable
- Legacy dungeon rotation Pit of Heresy (+2) – farmable
- Complete one or more Nightfall strikes and collect 200,000 points (+2)
- Complete a Nightfall strike with the appropriate Surge (+2)
- “Tests of Courage of Eternity”: Score at least 250,000 points or more (+2)
- Complete the exo mission //node.ovrd.AVALON// in the EDZ (+2)
- Complete bounties via “The Liberator Path” at the strategy table (+1)
- Weekly Lightfall CampaEsports ExtrasMission on Legendary (+2)
- Complete 3 Resistance Battlegrounds in the seasonal playlist
- Complete 3 Gambit matches (+1)
- Complete 3 Crucible matches (+1)
- Complete Vanguard Operations strikes with matching Surge (+1)
- Hawthorne’s Clan Quest: Give 5 Appreciation Cards to other Guardians (+1)
- Trials of Osiris, starting May 5th (+2)
Bright Dust Highlights in Eververse
Eververse will provide you with some cosmetics for the Guardian games this week. These include a dashing Sparrow, a ship, and the Egoclastic ornament for the Vex Mythoclast.
This is what you get for Bright Dust this week at Tess:
- Exotic Sparrow “Shadow Boxes”
- Exotic ship “Stygian Courser”
- Exotic Emote “Truly Ceremonial”
- Exotic Emote “Embodiment”
- Legendary Lowscore Emote
- Rare Free Throw Emote
- Exotic Spirit Shell “#Sponsored Shell” – often shines brightly like the sun
- Ghost Projection “Gold Medal Projection”
- “On sale”
- “Byzantine Lotus”
If you like having a complete collection, you should also check out Ada-1 in Season 20, because she’s now selling old shaders that you might not already own.
Destiny 2: Armory Boss Becomes the New Fashion Queen – Sells shaders that Guardians have long wanted back
Overall, the Weekly Reset in Destiny 2 is an important part of the game that keeps providing Guardians with new challenges and rewards. But this week, the classes will become adversaries, as only one class can claim victory. So feel free to post us in the comments what you think it will be in 2023.
One weapon has already won and that’s this old exotic and underrated from Season 19:
Destiny 2: From Zero to Hero Update Transforms Exotic into Perfect Weapon for Endgame Content