Diablo 4 will soon receive its next update with patch 1.1.4. This time it’s a little smaller in terms of the patch notes, but it brings an important quality of life change for everyone who found the grind too annoying. We will briefly summarize the most important information for you and have the complete German patch notes for you below.
- When will patch 1.1.4 be released? On September 12th
- At which time? There is no exact time, but the updates usually go live around 7 p.m. German time
- Is there a server down? No, a server outage was not announced
The most important change of patch 1.1.4
The patch mainly fixes minor bugs and some errors that could block progress in certain quests. Accessibility has also been improved again; a problem has been fixed that prevented the screen reader from reading the names of opponents.
The most interesting innovation for many players will probably affect Season 1. One of the seasonal blessings was being worked on here. The “Urn of Aggression” will soon no longer give you 8% additional experience for killing monsters, but a whopping 20% more.
According to the developers, this should particularly help fans reach level 100 faster and reduce the grind.
These are the patch notes for Update 1.1.4
- The overall experience bonus for the Urn of Aggression seasonal blessing has been increased from 8% to 20%.
Developer comment: We’ve increased the overall experience bonus of the Urn of Aggression to make the seasonal blessing more impactful and help players aiming for level 100 reach it a little quicker.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the screen reader from reading enemy names.
Quests and events
- Fixed a bug that prevented the items “Lorath’s Polearm” and “Strange Amulet” from the “Missing Parts” quest from being picked up after dropping them and re-entering the city via mount.
- Fixed a bug that could cause progression in the “Thoughts with the Goose” quest to be blocked if the player teleported via the city portal or exited the game immediately after placing Tavish’s Dagger.
- Fixed a bug that could block progression in the Poisoned Hearts quest if the player left the area during Aneta’s dialogue with Vera.
- Fixed a bug that prevented gold from being rewarded for completing the Choking Mass event.
- Fixed a bug that caused a dialogue option for Kres to not display correctly.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Season Journey Completion percentage in the Season Menu to show the progress of the last viewed chapter instead of the active chapter.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the inventory full notification to appear unexpectedly.
- Fixed a bug where completing an objective in the Tunnels of Malice seasonal journey would not award points if the heart was not captured at the end.
- Fixed a bug that caused the voiceover lines for the following taunt emotes to not play:
- I will destroy you!
- You will die!
- I’ll tear your soul apart!
- Your doom awaits!
- Various visual, performance and stability improvements.
Since its release, many fans have been bothered by the fact that the grind in Diablo 4 is so monotonous and lengthy. Blizzard is obviously trying to take further countermeasures here. Whether that is enough to bring back players who have already dropped out is another question.
So: What about you, are you still playing Diablo 4 or have you finished it long ago? Can the update maybe even bring you back if you’ve already moved on?