AMD announced the release of its latest graphics drivers, the AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 23.2.2 WHQLthese arrive to support two new releases: Atomic Heart and Company of Heroes 3. Unfortunately, the company did not announce any kind of performance enhancement.
Perhaps most interesting of all, is that these controllers solve a few problems. Among them is the image corruption that you experience Netflix when collating screen size under an AMD Ryzen 7 6800U laptop CPU. Fixed issue where maximum encoding bitrate was limited to 100 Mbps.
Resolved that hitman 3 would break when ray tracing was activated. VR glasses Valve Index will no longer display a white screenshot when running at 144Hz on a Radeon RX 7000 GPU. Other improvements include resolving a performance issue seen in games based on the DirectX 11 API. These games ran worse on a Radeon RX 6000 Series graphics card paired with an AMD Ryzen CPU.
You can download the drivers for Atomic Heart, the AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 23.2.2 WHQLfrom the official AMD website.
Fixed issues in Radeon Software Adrenalin 23.2.2 WHQL
- Corruption may be briefly observed when moving Netflix videos between screens or minimizing to full screen on some AMD products such as the AMD Ryzen 7 6800U.
- The maximum encoding bit rate is limited to 100 Mbps for certain applications.
- AMD Bug Report Tool popup or system hang may appear after updating the driver on some laptops with hybrid graphics.
- An application crash may occur when playing Hitman 3 with Ray Tracing settings enabled.
- The Valve Index VR headset can display a blank screen at the 144Hz refresh rate setting on Radeon RX 7000 series GPUs.
- Certain videos played with ‘Movies and TV’ may briefly show corruption when moving the window between screens on some AMD graphics products such as the AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT.
- A situational drop in performance can be observed in DirectX 11-based games on Radeon RX 6000 series GPUs alongside Ryzen processors.
Known issues yet to be fixed
- High idle power consumption has been observed when using certain high resolution, high refresh rate displays on Radeon RX 7000 series GPUs.
- Stuttering or performance drops may occur during video playback and gaming with some stretched display configurations on Radeon RX 7000 series GPUs.
- The app may crash when opening Premium Gold packs in EA SPORTS FIFA 23.
- Some VR games or applications may experience lower than expected performance on Radeon RX 7000 series GPUs.
- Brief screen corruption may occur when switching between video and game windows on some AMD graphics products such as the Radeon RX 6700 XT.
- Metric overlay may intermittently resize to 50% post-game.
- Graphical corruption in Returnal may be observed in certain scenes with ray tracing enabled on Radeon RX 6000 series GPUs.