In Elden Ring you create your character at the beginning of the game. The editor is very extensive, so there are few limits. But what if you’re unhappy with your looks or your name? MeinMMO tells you how easy it is to change the appearance of your character.
Like the game itself, the character editor in Elden Ring is very extensive. Anyone who might want to change the appearance of their character in the course of their time in FromSoftware’s latest game can easily do so afterwards.
Regardless of whether you just want to touch up small details or want to shine in a completely new shine, there are no limits with this method. You can also change the name, age or gender afterwards.
Elden Ring: This is how you can change the appearance of your character
In order to be able to change your character’s appearance in Elden Ring, you must visit the Hazy Mirror Stand in the location of Roundtable. He is in the same room as Fia, the lady with a not entirely innocent urge to cuddle.
How do I get to the right place? The mirror with which you can change your character is located at the round table, which is also called the table of mercy.
Once you’ve been there, you can use the fast travel feature on the map to travel back to the Tablet of Mercy at any time. All you have to do is select the circular insignia in the lower left corner of the map screen.
If you have not been to the Grace Table, you must first receive an invitation to attend. It is currently unclear when exactly this invitation will come. However, it seems to be related to the amount of places of grace that you have visited.
Many players report having received the invitation after the difficult boss Margit; But authors in the MeinMMO editorial team got it before that.
Elden Ring: Fan beats hated boss Margit with just 2 hits because he understood the game
Once you’ve been to the Table of Mercy, you can use the fast travel feature on the map to travel back at any time.
Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Go to the Round Table Keep. Go to the bottom left corner of the map where you will see a circular insignia. In the center of this insignia, you can select the Tablet of Mercy as a travel location.
- Once in the Round Table Keep, take the passage to the left of the fireplace.
- You should now be in the hallway with the armorer. Run through the door directly in front of you into Fia’s bedroom.
- On the wall to the right of the front door is a dim mirror.
- Stand in front of the mirror and interact with it.
That was it! You can change your character’s appearance, name or gender as often as you like. The steps look like this:
Extensive editor allows comic as well as serious characters
Being able to completely change a character afterwards has many advantages:
- You often only realize when playing the game yourself whether you are satisfied with the appearance of the character.
- If your character also plays New Game+ and beyond, you might want to change something.
- If you used your real name and no longer want to do so because of the multiplayer, you can ensure more privacy afterwards.
In addition, the character editor is very extensive and flexible, and can provide a lot of entertainment on its own. That’s why the community has loved the possibilities since the old FromSoftware games, and Elden Ring also had crazy characters before release.
Arguably the most popular creation in the community so far is a character that bears a striking resemblance to rapper and fashion designer Kanye West. This character has also appeared in popular memes on reddit.
The character editor can also tell serious stories, as a post on Reddit showed. A player created their character based on their best friend who died before the release of Elden Ring:
Player pays special tribute to deceased friend in Elden Ring “so they can explore the game world”