Multiplayer shooter The Finals invites you to try it out in the wild gameplay trailer
Zack, another world premiere. At the Opening Night Live, former Battlefield developers around ex-DICE boss Patrick Söderlund from Embark Studios presented their new game. In The Finals, players take part in a crazy show.
Everything happens digitally, which is why shooting around and destroying the levels has no real consequences – apart from fame and glory for the virtual participants, of course. The trailer above shows the multiplayer shooter’s colorful and fast-paced aspirations.
The developers invite you to test play on Steam. There you can be pre-booked with your Steam account by
request access clicks. You will then be notified if you have been selected for The Finals playtest.
Here’s what we know about The Finals
- Players take part in the
largest free fighting game show in the worldpart. It’s all about becoming the new star of the show yourself.
- Players compete against each other in teams. The PvP should be characterized by a lot of cooperation.
- Characters can be customized, clothed and armed according to your own preferences. Sponsors also play a role in this.
- Fast action is in the foreground: shooting, tricking and smashing the level building blocks to defeat the opposing team.
- Many tactical options around weapon builds should ensure that every player can develop their own playstyle. Sneaking and hand-to-hand combat are also represented. The developers promise
limitless tactical possibilities.
- A progression system based on fame, honor and cheering fans should provide motivation.
Embark Studios is also currently working on the strikingly handsome shooter Arc Raiders:
When and how will The Finals appear?
On Steam, the developers note that the release
soon to be held. With the upcoming playtest, we expect The Finals to be released in 2022.
There is no price tag to play: The Finals is offered as a free-to-play product. Regarding business model are on Steam only
In-Game Purchases noted, which probably revolve around skins and the like.