Connect with us

Extras

Make sure you defeat this Elden Ring boss to access Shadow of the Erdtree

Published

on

Elden Ring Shadow of the Erdtree releases on June 21, 2024. However, according to statistics, several players have not yet defeated the boss required to access the DLC.

Elden Ring Shadow of the Erdtree will be strongly linked to Miquella, one of Marika’s children. In case you didn’t know, Mohg, the Blood Lord, kidnapped Miquella during the Shatter and placed him inside a cocoon, fed him blood, and mutated him into a hideous monster.

Mohg wanted to turn Miquella into a God and become her consort using Blood magic. If you’re wondering why all this talk, the answer is: you must defeat Mohg, the Blood Lord in order to embark on the Elden Ring DLC.

However, it turns out that around 62% of players have yet to defeat this boss. According to Steam statistics, only 38% of players have defeated him as of June 11, 2024. If the other 62% want to play the DLC on June 21, they have approximately 10 days to defeat Mohg.

Only 38% of players on Steam have defeated Mohg.

The problem is that Mohg is a really difficult boss to fight and you need to prepare well before facing him. In addition to a fully upgraded weapon, you also need the Purifying Crystal Tear to survive Mohg’s attack. This item is a quest reward Yura the Bloody Finger.

Just reaching Mohg is complicated because you either have to complete the quest White Mask of Varréor discover a secret portal in the Consecrated Snowy Fields.

Varré’s quest takes time and the Consecrated Snowy Fields is an endgame area that can be unlocked much later in the game. This means that unless 62% of players have deliberately ignored the boss, they are going to have to play a lot in Elden Ring in the next 10 days.

Indeed, defeating Mohg has its advantages, because in addition to the DLC, you will also have access to many Runes. Elden Ring may be an accessible game, but if the developers want, they can make it extremely difficult.

This means it’s best to be prepared in advance. Defeating Mohg will allow players to level up significantly and will be good practice before diving into the Elden Ring Shadow of the Erdtree DLC.

Copyright © Esports Extras | All Rights Reserved | 2021-2024