Fortnite designs many challenges and events over the course of a season in which players can dust off items for free. The necessary tasks are easy to master and can be earned by anyone. This time, however, Epic Games is promoting a free weapon skin, and for this you have to make an effort the first time.
What is this weapon skin? This is a Rare rarity weapon skin. This skin is special and currently the only one of its kind, because you can only get it by actively playing in the competitive “Arena” mode.
Epic lures you into sweat mode with a cosmetic item. Fortnite usually asks you to register on the Epic Games site and link your account to an action.
This will give you an overview of the tasks you need to complete to earn free event items like weapon skins, emoticons, and more. However, this time it is not the case. In the following part we will tell you how to get this rare weapon skin.
The arena and professionals await you without mercy
How do I get the skin? In order to qualify for the weapon wrap, you must enter the arena. Your goal is to get to the contender league. Only after beating the open league will you get a chance to get this skin.
After defeating each level of the Contender or Champion League, you will receive the corresponding wrap for your efforts. This looks gold-purple and has the crest of the league you defeated.
Is there only one skin? That is unclear. According to Shiina’s video, showing some leaked items from the data, this weapon skin is also shown separately.
So it could be that after clearing the last level of the Champion League you will have a total of six weapon skins with six different crests. This is not as easy as it sounds, however, because you will be dealing with sweaters who are true builders.
How long do I have for this? The weapon skins can only be obtained until June 3rd, since Season 2 also ends there.
What’s the best way to get him? In order to advance in the league, you must collect hype. To do this, you make kills in the arena, survive the longest and still achieve an epic victory. For each of these milestones you will receive a certain amount of hype. We have listed more detailed information about hype in our guide, which we link to here.
But since you’re not dealing with Sunday players, you have to be tactical. Build is enabled in the arena, so you must either try to build yourself or keep your opponents at bay. This way you avoid a construction battle.
However, in order to get the most points, you have to play either passively or offensively. Here’s how the two playstyles work:
- Passive Playstyle
- You end up on the outer edge of the map or in places that are not popular
- You try to avoid most of the fights and hoard a lot of items together for the final fight
- Your primary source of points are placements and a possible epic win
- So if building and active combat isn’t your forte, the passive playstyle might be right for you.
- Offensive style of play
- You end up in hotspots like Titled Towers or Daily Bugle and try to kill as many enemies as possible
- By killing enemies you get a lot of points and can level up so quickly
- The achieved placements, which take place on the side, are an additional bonus that you benefit from
- The problem, however, is that you expose yourself to a high level of danger, since you can confront almost any opponent and thus often end up in the crosshairs of other opponents
- However, if you’re good at fighting and building, maybe that’s your playstyle
It is an advantage if you know yourself and know in which situations you can shine. Pay attention to your strengths and try to use them in battle. So you can get the most out of the battle while having fun. But try to take a short break in between if things don’t work out before your equipment suffers.
What do you think about such skins that not everyone can get and even require effort? Do you think it’s cool and did you discover Arena mode because of it, or are you just not trying to mess with the sweats? Let us know in the comments!