We are going to know about the new achievement system, duo active skills for DE, changes and adjustments to characters, weapons and the gloo wall creator of the OB40 May 2023 update that is now available on freefire.
New achievement system
From Sunday June 4, 2023 we will have the option to equip ourselves with titles that represent the battle, collecting and career achievements that we have achieved while playing freefire. In addition to being able to show them on our profile, getting them will give us points and rewards.
Each achievement will have 3 levels: Rare, Epic, and Mythic.
Duo Active Skills in Squad Matchup
Between Thursday June 1 and Sunday June 18 we can participate in this special Squad Duel mode that allows us to equip two active skills at the same time. We can even choose character skills that we have not unlocked.
This mode can also be activated in DE ranked matches.
One of the most important gameplay changes of the OB40 May 2023 update on Free Fire is that gloo walls are now dropped from the Gloo Maker instead of spawning on the ground.
The gloo creator is given to each player at the start of a battle royale match in freefire and automatically spawns gloo walls on a periodic basis. It can spawn more when upgraded. At level 1 you have a maximum of 5 walls and you get one every 100 seconds. At level 5 you can have up to 10 and we get one every 50 seconds.
New character, Sonia’s ability
Sonia is an intelligent nanotechnology scientist with a very asocial personality. This character will arrive later and is not available at the time of writing this note.
His ability is nanoshield of life: After receiving fatal damage, he enters an invulnerable and immobile state for 0.5 seconds. He then gains a 150 health shield that lasts for 3 seconds. If he manages to defeat an enemy during that time, he recovers 150 health. If not, she is eliminated. Has a 180 second cooldown.
Changes to characters and redesigned abilities in the OB40 update of freefire in May 2023
First of all, good news. After the OB40 update of freefire in May 2023, all the characters that we have and those that we will get will have their special outfit by default and we will not have to unlock it.
- alok he had as his original ability ‘Drop the beat’, which creates a 5 meter aura that increases movement speed by 15% and restores 3 health points over 10 seconds. His new ability as Alok Reborn is Party Remix. While his aura is active, musical notes will appear two meters behind Alok every two seconds. Allies who pick them up will receive 3 health per second for 10 seconds.
Redesigns or ‘reworks’
- Dimitri: His ability now creates a 3.5m radius zone in which the user and their allies recover 10 health points per second. The zone lasts 12 seconds. Has a 60 second cooldown.
- thiva– The speed at which it helps teams recover 100 health increased by 70% (3 seconds). Has a 60 second cooldown.
- capella: When helping an ally, it gives them a shield of 80 points and a 10% improvement in movement speed. The effects are reduced after four uses. Reduces the rate at which allies bleed out by 35%.
- olivia: Distributes 80% of healing effects to allies within 10 meters.
- Tatsuya: Thrown at high speed for 0.3 seconds. Can stack for 2→3 uses within 5→1 seconds.
- cle: Locates enemies within a 65 meter range if they are not crouching or lying down. It lasts 10 seconds and shares the information to the allies’ map. Cooling time 50→45 seconds.
- Homer: Releases a drone towards the nearest enemy within 100 meters of frontal distance. Creates an explosion 5→3 meters in diameter that reduces movement speed by 60% and fire speed by 35%. Lasts 5 seconds, deals 25 damage, and has a 90 second cooldown.
- Skyler: Releases a sonic wave in front 100 meters that deals damage to gloo walls 3.5m → 4 meters from its explosion over 4→5 seconds. Has a 50→45 second cooldown.
- k: Increases max EP from 20→50. In Jiu-Jitsu mode, allies within 60 meters receive a 600% increased EP conversion. In psychology mode, recover 3 EP every 2 seconds up to 250 EP. Cooldown time of 3→6 seconds.
- Iris: For 15 seconds, shooting at a gloo wall will mark enemies within 7 meters and penetrate the wall for reduced damage. Effective on a maximum of 5→3 walls.
- Hayato: for every maximum health reduction of 10→13%, armor penetration is increased by 5%
- Andrew: armor durability loss is reduced by 20→25%
- andrew reborn: 11→20% armor damage reduction. Additional 15→10% reduction for each teammate with this ability.
- Raphael: When using sniper rifles, he silences the shot and enemies that fall from his shots bleed out 90→85% faster.
- alvaro reborn: One second before detonating, the grenade produces 3 extra grenades that deal 30→20% of the damage of the original.
Changes and adjustments to weapons in the OB40 update of freefire in May 2023
- XM8 (Rifle): accuracy +15%
- Thompson (SMG): Damage +4%
- MP40 (SMG): Damage +8%
- Bizon (SMG): Damage +10%, optimization for ease of use.
- M1887 (shotgun): Rang8 -15%, reload speed +10%
- M1014 I,II,III (shotgun) Range -12%, accuracy +20%
- Charge Buster (shotgun): Range -20%, ammo capacity +1
- Trogon (shotgun): optimization for ease of use.
- MAG-7 (shotgun): optimization for ease of use.
- M1917 (pistol): damage -13%, rate +6%
- Grenade: burst range -10%
Other relevant changes and news of the OB40 update
- Players revived with a super card will receive a healing gun and med kit alongside the UMP and level 2 gear.
- Changes to Ram Nam Village on the Bermuda map. Now you have more coverage and clearer routes.
- Automatic grouping of objects by type in the backpack. New button to drop unnecessary objects.
- If the danger zone kills someone within 8 seconds of taking damage from a player, the kill will count for that player.
- RedesEsports Extrasof the waiting room.
We invite you to visit the official patch notes of the OB40 May 2023 update on the official page of freefire to know all the changes, news and adjustments in detail.
If you are wondering about collaboration with Spider-Man: Across the Spider-VerseWe will have more information very soon. At the moment we can tell you that the Friday June 9, 2023 and that it will be a ‘parkour’ game mode.