With the recent rumor the arrival of Game Boy and Game Boy Advance to Nintendo…
The Games Lift Incubator started its third year yesterday with a successful kick-off event. This is the start of three months of intensive work on their own computer game for five developer teams, during which they are offered a comprehensive mentoring and workshop program with international industry experts, financial support of 15,000 euros per team and jobs in a co- Working Space will be supported in the development of their title. Games Lift is a program developed and organized by the Gamecity Hamburg location initiative to promote founders in the games industry.
In the incubator program, the teams are supported by over 30 top-class mentors such as Chris Wulf, Business Development Consultant, Marketing Manager Irene Preuss from the successful indie studio Happy Broccoli Games and Tim Krause-Murroni, CEO of the artist agency flow:fwd. Also there again this year: André Bernhard (IndieAdvisor), Christopher Kellner (Astragon Entertainment), Jörg Luibl (freelance journalist), Rebecca Lautner (Landfall Games), Paulina Kwiecinska (Tencent/Untold Games) and Simon Carless (GameDiscoverCo). .
In exchange with the team of experts, which covers all important areas from project management and game art to PR, the teams learn more about the legal basis for start-ups, product development using the product field method, the conception of marketing strategies and receive extensive pitch training.
These five teams are participating this year:
- About Cannons + Sparrows by ACAS is a physics-based puzzle-platformer with story-driven genre twists and an ever-evolving character in the form of an enchantingly animated miniature cannon.
- Baby Bullet by Team Marty is a tap-and-shoot game developed for touchscreens, in which players* Babsi “half-teen, half-gunball” shoots Bullet forward and shoots it insanely.
- Evergreen Garden by Elin Meinecke is a charming farm simulation RPG with puzzle elements and a strong focus on sustainable gardening.
- METACORE by Team Metacore is a co-op action first-person shooter for up to 4 players with a focus on teamwork and synergy effects that can be generated through an arsenal of unique weapons and gadgets.
- Stack ’em up by Team Godcomplex is a party game (online or local) in which 2-6 players fight their way through crazy maps round by round and try not to be swallowed up by their opponents in this chaos.
Even after the three-month extensive program, the teams will continue to be supported by Gamecity Hamburg: until December of the following year, each team will receive further individual coaching sessions with professional consultants and support from a PR agency specializing in games.
More information about the Games Lift Incubator and the participating teams can be found at.
Another funding option for game developers in Hamburg: Hamburg prototype funding
In addition to the Games Lift Incubator, Gamecity Hamburg supports developers and games companies from Hamburg with the Hamburg prototype funding. EUR 400,000 per year is available for games projects from Hamburg, of which up to EUR 120,000 per game can be requested.
All information on prototype funding can be found at
What is your opinion on this subject?
I love it!
I love it!
Not so great!
Not so great!