Although Genshin Impact has postponed patch 2.7 indefinitely, the beta for update 2.8 will take place as usual. We at MeinMMO are therefore once again summarizing everything about the upcoming content and leaks.
What official information do we have? Genshin Impact announced a new character on Twitter: Shikanoin Heizou. He is a talented detective from Inazuma and is said to be quite short. It is not yet officially known which weapon the Anemo user Heizou wields and what level of rarity he has.
When will Patch 2.8 be released? We do not know that. Even the upcoming patch 2.7 has been postponed as the Corona situation in China is quite difficult at the moment.
The current gacha banners with Ayaka Kamisato and the two 5-star weapons “until the end of patch 2.6” have also been extended in-game. So there is no specific release date for either patch 2.7 or 2.8.
Are there already leaks for Patch 2.8? There is, because the beta phase is already in full swing. So if you’re not interested in leaks, don’t read the article any further.
Ayaka Kamisato is one of the strongest characters in the game. You can see more strong characters in our video:
Anemo user Shikanoin Heizou’s abilities leaked
What can Heizou do? Heizou is said to become a 4-star character and use a catalyst as a weapon (via Honey Impact). Gameplay and animations for Heizou can be seen in the reddit post:
- Standard Attacks: Performs up to five forward slashes and kicks that deal Anemo damage.
- Heavy Blows: Consumes a certain amount of stamina and performs a kick that deals Anemo damage.
- attacks from the case: Heizou injures all enemies in his path. When it hits the ground, it deals Anemo area damage.
- Push: Deals Anemo damage with a punch.
- Hold down: Deals Anemo damage. You gather energy to deal increased damage per stack (“Declension”).
- Declension: You can accumulate up to 4 stacks. If you reach the maximum stacks, the next punch will be even stronger. Declension lasts 60 seconds.
- Cooldown: 10 seconds.
- You unleash an exploding kick in the air, dealing Anemo area damage. If the kick hits an enemy affected by Hydro/Pyro/Cryo/Electro it will be inflicted with Wind Pattern Iris.
- Wind Pattern Iris shortly after explodes, dealing area damage with the element that affected the opponent.
- A maximum of 4 opponents can be kicked with Wind Pattern Iris at the same time.
- An enemy cannot be affected by multiple wind patterns Iris and multiple elements at the same time.
- Cooldown: 12 seconds.
- Energy costs: 40.
- 1. Constellation: When Shikanoin Heizou switches in, his basic attack speed increases by 15% for 5 seconds. He also gains a stack of Declension. The effect can be triggered once every 10 seconds.
- 2. Constellation: When the special ability’s kick explodes, it sucks in nearby enemies.
- 3. Constellation: The talent level of the elemental ability increases by 3.
- 4. Constellation: When you cast the kick of the Wind Pattern Iris special ability on the enemies and the iris explodes, you regenerate 9 elemental energy. Each subsequent explosion of one kick returns 1.5 elemental energy. In total, you can regain 13.5 elemental energy with one use of the special ability.
- 5. Constellation: The talent level of the special ability increases by 3.
- 6. Constellation: Each stack of Declension increases Punch Critical Rate by 4%. When you unleash a 4-stack powerful punch, it increases its critical damage by 32%.
- Pre-Existing Guilt: Decreases your stamina consumption by 20% for all teammates when sprinting. The effect cannot be stacked with other, same effects.
- Paradoxical Practice: If Heizou triggers a Twirl while on the field, he gets a stack of Declension. The effect can be triggered once every 0.1 seconds.
- “Penetrative Reasoning”: When the elemental ability hits an enemy, the elemental lore of all teammates except Heizou himself is increased by 80 points for 10 seconds.
If you want to prepare for the release of Heizou, here are the leaked materials needed for his level-ups:
Other leaks about Heizou:
- Profile picture and splash art (via reddit).
- Special Dish – it increases Attack of all team members by 66-95 for 300 seconds. In co-op, this only applies to your own characters (via reddit).
Leaks on upcoming banners in patch 2.8
Which character banners should appear? This is not really known yet. There are only speculations in the room. The 5-star characters Klee, Kazuha and Yoimiya should therefore receive a rerun in patch 2.8 (via reddit).
Otherwise, you can probably count on Shikanoin Heizou as a 4-star character in one of the upcoming banners.
Which weapon banners should appear? So far it is not clear about this. There is currently only one leak of a new one-handed sword that is said to be called “This is a sword” (via reddit). However, it is not known whether it will be a 4-star event weapon or a gacha weapon.
The sword should look like this:
What is the sword supposed to do? It probably has a base attack of 541 at level 90 and as a sub-stat attack %. The weapon’s effect enables you to unleash a “Hewing Gale” every 8 seconds when standard attacks, heavy blows or attacks from the fall hit the opponent. The Hewing Gale then deals area damage based on 180% Attack. It also increases your attack by 15% for 8 seconds (via reddit).
Leaks on future skins in patch 2.8 and other updates
Which characters should get skins? In patch 2.8, the Mondstadt heroes Fischl and Diluc should each get a skin (via reddit). While Fischl’s skin has a rarity rating of 4 stars, Diluc’s skin will be the first to be categorized with 5 stars (via reddit).
There are also two images found in the Genshin Impact files that suggest the skins:
In addition, Diluc’s skin should contain a scroll. It is suspected that it is used for the idle animation (via reddit).
In the “far future” Sucrose and Amber are also said to be the next heroines to get a skin (via reddit). These two skins are meant to be butterfly themed.
Events to come in Patch 2.8
These events are scheduled to take place in Patch 2.8:
- A Summer Sea Sojourn: Similar to patch 1.6, the event sends you to summer islands to explore and collect event currency. For 2,000 pieces of this currency, you can redeem 1x the character Fischl as a gift (via reddit). The Summer Islands have some challenges and quests ready for you (via reddit).
- “Evermotion Mechanical Paintings”: A puzzle event in which you have to place 6 puzzle pieces in the correct orientation and in specific locations in order to assemble the picture correctly (via reddit).
- Hangout event with Heizou (via reddit).
Other leaks for patch 2.8
What other leaks are there?
- The same dropped items as enemy drops are now stacked and are no longer scattered around (via reddit).
- On the PC you can set 45 FPS (via reddit).
- Enemies on the 12th level of the winding abyss (via reddit).
- New furniture for the housing system (via reddit). Above all, they are reminiscent of the character of Klee.
- There will be new quests in your adventure license book (via reddit).
- More story and background information for Diluc and Kazuha (via reddit).
- You can choose to uninstall past quest resources, such as audio files (via reddit). However, you can also reinstall it after deinstallation, the decision is not permanent. This allows you to save storage space.
The switch version of Genshin Impact is probably still in development, said a spokesman for miHoYo: Genshin Impact on Nintendo Switch – What we know about the release so far