halo-infinite received last night Lone Wolves, the highly anticipated Season 2 of the free access multiplayer to add new maps, game modes, and various rewards to re-engage players who abandoned the title due to its lack of content updates. Season 2 has arrived for all platforms where the 343 Industries shooter is available (Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S and PC via Steam) and features the following new content:
- Three new game modes: King of the Hill, Land Grab and Last Spartan Standing
- Two new maps: Catalyst (Arena) and Breaker (Big Team Battle)
- A new 100-tier Battle Pass that doesn’t expire
- The start of a new story where your Spartan is at the center of the action
- Limited time themed events
Are there new Halo games on the way?
It seems strange to be talking about new titles of Halo considering that 343 Industries itself recently shared the complete roadmap for infinite in this 2022, although in recent days a couple of rumors have emerged that ensure that there would be two new games in development. The first one will be a standalone Infinite multiplayer battle royale being developed by Certain Affinity, while the second will be a new main installment developed by 343 Industries. Neither of them has been confirmed at the moment, although if true, we could see a first look at one during the Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase 2022.