Hobbyist builds powerful gaming PC with RTX 3090 in a case, says “feels really cool”
In its waterproof case you will find an RTX 3090, 128 GB of RAM, a 16-core processor and almost everything a gamer’s heart desires. His video goes viral and the hobbyist shows what he had in mind when building it.
What build is this? The hobbyist wanted a desktop PC that would allow him to travel easily. In addition, it should be waterproof and be able to handle the heat of its travel destinations. The result is a strong gaming PC that can be wheeled around in a trolley case and accompanies the developer on flights.
His video collects many hundreds of comments and several hundred thousand views. We’ll show you what’s in it and what’s being criticized.
That’s how powerful the PC is
This is the video: On reddit, a user shared the introductory video of the suitcase build with the caption “The build is wild. What do you say to that?”. In the video, a woman can be heard asking viewers what’s in the suitcase. Then the case is opened and the hobbyist explains that his custom PC is in it. He explains that as part of a move he wanted to build a new PC that
- Is easy to transport (because you travel by plane)
- and is waterproof (if you go to the destination by boat)
We embed the video here:
As you can see in the video, the PC has everything you need. It contains a mouse and a keyboard. So you open the case, take out the two parts, connect the computer to the power supply and you can get started. A monitor attached to the lid with Velcro provides the image.
This hardware is inside:
- Aluminum Extrusion Frame
- Motherboard: Micro ATX (not named)
- Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5950x processor with 16 cores
- RAM: 128 GB Ram (4x 32 GB)
- Graphics card: Nvidia RTX 3090
- PSU: Corsair SF750 with 750 watts
- Storage: 4 TB 2.5″ SSD + 2 TB NVMe SSD
- Display: 13″ touchscreen with 4k resolution
- Miscellaneous: Antennas for WiFi and Bluetooth, SD card reader, headphone jack, USB-C port, port for a second monitor, USB hub, port for Ethernet
YouTuber builds Esports Extrasntic power bank that can charge over 5,000 smartphones
Such a small display for the mega computer? The criticisms
What other users say: The video received over 500 comments on reddit alone. On TikTok you can find 756 more comments with over 240,000 views.
- “So we’re just going to ignore the totally unsecured keyboard rattling between a 3090 and a 4k monitor?” asks Udonomefoo on reddit.
- MrBohannan suggests on reddit: “Puts a 3090 in a Pelican case to power a small 4k touchscreen. The heat can probably set fire to money.”
Others ask why he only uses a 750 watt power supply. That is quite little for such a powerful graphics card. In addition, the comment is often made that one can simply buy a laptop.
On TikTok, the hobbyist published another video on his channel technicallyinpanama. This time, he answers viewers’ questions.
- Many asked about the temperatures of the computer. With a FurMark 4k benchmark, the computer reaches a CPU temperature of around 55 degrees and a GPU temperature of around 65 degrees with a room temperature of around 26 degrees – with a CPU benchmark, its temperature went up to around 65 degrees
- He explains his 750 watt power supply by saying that it can withstand peak loads of up to 967 watts and he has managed well with it so far
- Why doesn’t he take a laptop? That’s partly his personal taste. He’s always had desktop PCs. In addition, in one opinion, it is not possible to find as much power in a laptop as in his suitcase build. The reasons for this are the required space for the components and the temperature. In addition, he can easily replace broken parts. He says, “Plus, it was a lot of fun to build and feels really cool to use.”
What do you say to the build of the hobbyist? Do you think it’s cool and want to have something like that for your private life or isn’t that your style at all and you prefer to use a laptop when you’re out and about? Let us know what you think about it here on MeinMMO in the comments and talk to other readers about the topic.