As has become usual, the Japanese magazine Famitsu has published the list of the best-selling games and consoles in Japan during the last weekwhich corresponds on this occasion between April 4 and 10, thus allowing us to know the most popular titles and platforms in the Japanese market today.
Kirby takes the throne for another week
Once again, Kirby returns to dominate with his new adventure, Kirby and the Forgotten Landand placed first in the ranking with 59,960 copies soldalready adding a total of 550,966 units in the short time that has passed since it arrived in stores.
For its part, second place goes to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe with 16,312 copies sold, a game that has never stopped selling at a good pace but has received a new boost after the launch of its new downloadable circuits.
The rest of the list is totally dominated by Nintendo Switch games with the exception of sixth place, a position that occupies Elden Ring in its version for PlayStation 4 with 6,190 units sold.
You can check the ranking complete just below:
one. [NSW] Kirby and the Forgotten Land (Nintendo) 59,960 (550,966)
two. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo) 16,312 (4,554,586)
3. [NSW] Minecraft (Microsoft) 9,580 (2,595,462)
Four. [NSW] Pokemon Legends: Arceus (The Pokemon Company) 8,548 (2,216,676)
5. [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Nintendo) 8,064 (4,840,518)
6. [PS4] Elden Ring (From Software) 6,190 (323,804)
7. [NSW] Mario Party Superstars (Nintendo) 5,534 (933,351)
8. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Nintendo) 5,114 (1,998,774)
9. [NSW] Ring Fit Adventure (Nintendo) 5,040 (3,117,477)
10. [NSW] Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Nintendo) 4,556 (7,230,055)
Switch dominates the console market again
On the other hand, As far as console sales are concerned, Switch once again dominates with an iron hand for another week after adding more than 60,000 units among all its models, as you can see in the following lines.
1. OLED switch 34,892 (1,559,443)
2. Switch 16,787 (18,176,464)
3. PlayStation 5 10,573 (1,310,651)
4.Switch Lite 9,483 (4,669,530)
5. PlayStation 5 Digital Edition 651 (228,756)
6. Xbox Series S 3,917 (80,504)
7. Xbox Series X151 (92,263)
8. New 2DS LL (including 2DS) 194 (1,184,843)
9. PlayStation 4 14 (7,819,418)