Oddly enough, the League of Legends Worlds 2022 are just around the corner. The most…
League of Legends Worlds 2022 is getting closer. Now the traditional “hymn” for the tournament has also been announced: “Star Walkin” should get you in the mood for it.
On September 22, the song for the LoL Worlds 2022, i.e. the LoL World Championship, premiered on YouTube. The music video relies entirely on the anime style, mixed with the more pop-heavy song by rapper Lil Nas X.
The video starts directly in San Francisco, where the Worlds finals will be held on November 5, 2022. In addition, numerous e-sportsmen such as Chovy or Meiko can be seen as anime versions – of course, there shouldn’t be any epic fight missing at the end. Godzilla-sized mechanical LoL champs stalk the city of California, only to face off at the arena in an epic showdown for the trophy.
First votes on the new LoL Worlds 2022 anthem
This is how the song comes across: Half an hour after the premiere, the song has over 85,000 upvotes and almost 5,000 comments. Many fans are positive about the song and video. Some examples:
- “What a great anthem, love the vibes” (via YouTube)
- “I was expecting a heavier drop after the chorus, but the song is still great because they took a different approach. Epic as always” (via YouTube).
- “The song is a good addition to the collection” (via YouTube).
At the same time, there are also users who would have wished for something more “epic” that banged a little more. They hope for remixes and live versions of the new song:
- “This piece urgently needs a remake with orchestra. It’s pretty good, but has about as much energy as a lullaby” (via YouTube).
- “An orchestral version of this piece to open Worlds would be amazing. This version feels like something the champions would play in the background while they party” (via YouTube).
- “I could imagine the last drop having a crazy guitar solo break. This song has so much potential to grow with the hype of the tournament” (via YouTube).
Who is the song by? “Star Walkin” is by rapper and singer Lil Nas X. In addition to the song, he will contribute additional music to the game, as well as collaborate on a new champion skin and perform live at Worlds.
Recently, Lil Nas X was proclaimed the “President” of League, the “Lil Nas Xecutive” – complete with a gold study and “I am the Boss” name tag.
“I’m going to be the greatest President of League of Legends of all time. Also, I’m going to do the best Worlds anthem ever and host the biggest, coolest and sexiest Worlds in Worlds history,” Lil Nas X said in a humorous video. A press release continued: “Star Walkin’ is the only song you can listen to from now on. Swag fr!”
It’s best for you to judge for yourself whether “Star Walkin” is actually the best Worlds anthem of all time. Here are a few competitors:
When are the worlds running? Worlds will take place across multiple dates in North America.
- Prelims: September 29th to October 4th in Mexico City
- The Group Stage and Quarterfinals: Madison Square Garden in New York
- Semifinals: Late October in Atlanta, Georgia
- The finale on November 5th will take place in San Francisco, California – although then it will probably be without the huge mechs stomping through the city.
What do you think of the new song? Does it fit the Worlds for you, or would you have expected something else?
Things got a little crazier when it came to e-sports at SPOBIS recently, when the President of Eintracht Spandau gave a memorable interview.