Okay, you’re new to Xbox and you’re launching an Xbox Series S or an Xbox Series X. Right now, a lot of things are going to be overwhelming. It is not just arriving and putting a disc to play as it happened with previous machines; now you have a whole world of opportunities, and perhaps most of them you do not know.
So, very possibly you have landed on this website looking for help for your new console. For this reason, I want to tell you some things that perhaps you did not know about your new machine and that it may be interesting for you to understand in order to get the most out of it. If you come with me, I’ll explain it to you quickly.
Xbox is backwards compatible
Microsoft’s console is backwards compatible, which means you can play games from other older Xbox consoles. This includes Xbox One, Xbox 360, and Original Xbox. The emulation on this console is transparent to the user, but in the background there is a process that involves porting part of the original game code. Therefore, the program to bring games from the Original Xbox and Xbox 360 is already closed, but you have more than 500 compatible and 100% functional games in this list.
With Xbox One things are easier, basically all Xbox One games can be played on Xbox Series X and Series S. Also, you should know that Microsoft has promised that all future consoles will also be compatible with each other, so your game history will travel with you in time if you continue betting on the brand.
Xbox backward compatibility covers even controllers, since Xbox One controllers are compatible with Xbox Series, and vice versa. Here some relevant data:
- backwards compatible games:686.
- Games with FPS Boost:98.
- Xbox One games compatible with Xbox Series: More than 2000 games.
Xbox Series features FPS Boost
This feature is exclusive to “Series” models, so it does not apply to One or One X. Roughly speaking, many older games will be able to double the frame rate per second and their resolution, reaching up to 4K in many cases. . The list of games is not Esports Extrasntic, but interesting enough for you to at least know about it.
I leave the complete and updated list here, so you can take a look.
Subscribe to the GX channel on Youtube
Xbox Series bets on crossplay
If yours is playing with friends from other consoles, you’re in luck, Microsoft has always had an open stance to support cross-play between platforms. That is why their games all have crossplay with PC, and they make it easy for third-party developers to include it.
However, it should be noted that crossplay always depends on third-party studies, Microsoft cannot force other studies that it does not own to implement it. If you want to know which are the games that have this type of support on Xbox, I leave you the updated list here
Sharing games, accounts and subscriptions
Both Xbox One and Xbox Series X and Series S are consoles designed to share with what Microsoft calls “Family Unity”. You can share everything you have paid with another person and for this you just have to follow these simple steps:
- Your account or the one you share must be on both consoles.
- The account you are going to share must be set as “My Home Xbox” on the console to which you are going to share the games or subscriptions.
- The sharing account must always be connected to the network.
- The one that receives does not need to log in with the account that shares.
In this way you can pay for Game Pass together with a family member and both benefit from the subscription with your own profile, achievements… etc. I leave you a video that we made for the channel and on Xbox One, it’s something old, but the concept is the same and it is explained perfectly.
Subscribe to the GX channel on Youtube
You can use apps on Xbox
Microsoft consoles come prepared to run applications that extend functionality beyond playing. From watching channels via IP to playing emulators, checking email and much, much more. I leave you a small list of some of them that we have been launching in this house.
More things to keep in mind
- All Xbox consoles are compatible with Crossplay. Here is the updated list.
- There are hundreds of free games that you can access from here.
- Xbox Series has SmartDelivery, which basically offers you to buy a single version and play it on all consoles with its corresponding version.
- Simply by playing, you earn Rewards points that you can redeem for games, subscriptions and more.
- You can customize your avatar with clothes and accessories.
- You can create, share and edit video clips and photos on Xbox or social networks.
- You can map the controls at will.
- Xbox It has keyboard and mouse support in some games.
- You can take advantage of offers from stores in other territories, Xbox is region-free.
Some useful tutorials to take advantage of the machine
If you still have doubts. I leave you with some interesting tutorials so you can get the most out of the console. You have everything from requesting digital game refunds, to using smart storage or buying games in other regions. Also, remember that you can join our Discord to meet more people.