You could feel it in the air, in the changing clouds, in the migratory birds……
Nintendo hadn’t held a “big” Direct for more than half a year, and on September 13th it was finally time again. In just under 40 minutes, the publisher presented numerous games that we can expect to see on the Nintendo Switch in the coming months. There were also some highlights to see, such as the final name for the eagerly awaited Breath of the Wild successor. We have listed all announcements and games in this article for you.
Breath of the Wild 2 is called Tears of the Kingdom and is coming in May
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom – Trailer confirms new name and release
There have been a few rumors in the past few days and weeks about a final name reveal for Breath of the Wild 2, which then came true on the Nintendo Direct. The new open world Zelda is called The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom and will be released in mid-May next year. In addition to a comparatively meaningless trailer, there was nothing else to see about the new Zelda.
more on the subject
Zelda Breath of the Wild 2 has a specific release date and final name
Fire Emblem Engage announced with first trailer
Fire Emblem Engage: Trailer announces new installment in the legendary turn-based tactics series
The first trailer for the new Fire Emblem was shown during the Nintendo Direct. The title goes with the name Fire Emblem Engage and offers classic turn-based strategy combat in the style of the other series parts. Among other things, the video allowed a first look at the characters of the game and showed the first gameplay.
Co-op hit It Takes Two is coming to the Switch
It Takes Two – Trailer announces the co-op hit for Nintendo Switch
- release: November 4, 2022
The co-op hit It Takes Two is also coming to the Nintendo Switch. As in the PlayStation and Xbox versions, two players are required to play. You can play the Switch version on a system, via System Link or online.
Octopath Traveler gets a successor
Octopath Traveler 2 announced and there is a release date right away
- release: February 24, 2023
The role-playing game with the distinctive graphic style gets a second part. A first trailer was released at the Nintendo Direct Octopath Traveler 2 shown, in which it was announced, among other things, that the quest lines should vary depending on the time of day (day or night).
Pikmin 4 is finally officially confirmed
Pikmin 4 officially unveiled with announcement trailer
There has long been speculation about a new part, and Pikmin 4 has finally been officially confirmed at Direct. However, there was only a short teaser to see, gameplay was not shown. According to creator Shigeru Miyamoto, the camera should go more to the level of the little beings.
New N64 classics announced for the Expansion Pass
Anyone who has subscribed to the Expansion Pass on Nintendo Switch Online will be given some new N64 titles in the near future. And there are some real classics, because the lineup includes Pilotwings 64, Mario Party 1-3, Pokemon Stadium 1+2, Excitebike 64, 1080 Snowboarding and the shooter legend Goldeneye 007.
The other announcements of the September Direct
- Fatal Frame: Mask of the Solar Eclipse scheduled for release in early 2023
- The second wave of DLC for the Xenoblade Chronicles 3-Expansion Pass was briefly introduced, release is on October 13th
- Spongebob Squarepants: The Cosmic Shake also comes for Nintendo Switch
- The curious Fist of the North Star: Fitness Boxing will be released in March 2023
- oddballers looks like a curious multiplayer game and has a release date of early 2023
- Previously only available for PC and Xbox tunic also appears for the Switch (Release: September 27th)
- Front missions 1,2 and 3 also end up on the Switch
- Story of Seasons: A Wonderful Life was announced. It is an implementation of the PS2/Gamecube part and is scheduled for release in summer 2023
- There was a new short gameplay impressions too Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope to see (Release October 20th)
- The PC hit Factorio is implemented for the switch
- The second free update for Mario Strikers: Battle League Football was announced and will feature the characters Pauline and Diddy Kong, among others
- The first two routes (Bergbescherung and Peachs Schlossgarten) of the third DLC wave of the booster route pass from Mario Kart 8 Deluxe were revealed
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Trailer previews Booster Track Pass Wave 3
- Fae farm is a farming simulator with dungeon elements, the release is planned for spring 2023
- Celebrating the 35th anniversary of the Final Fantasy series, a new rhythm game titled February 16, 2023 will be released Theater rhythm: Final Bar Line released
- Nintendo Switch Sports gets a new sport with golf, the update is free
- Pikmin Bloom was presented again in detail, here you can find more information about it
- Just Dance 2023 coming on November 22nd
- A new trailer too bayonetta 3 was shown. The game will be released on October 28th.
- Resident Evil 8: Village will be released in a cloud version on October 28th for the Switch.
- It will be a remastered version of Tales of Symphony give (Release: early 2023).
- Kirby’s Return to Dreamland Deluxe is a remastered version of the Wii game’s four-player co-op gameplay that allows anyone to take on the role of Kirby. Release date is February 24, 2023.
- shadow drop for Harvestella: A demo of the game, which will be released in November, is now available in the eShop
In addition, an adaptation of the martial arts game Sifu has been announced (November 8th) and Crisis Core: Final Fantasy 7 Reunion has a release date (December 13th).
What was your highlight of the September Direct?