This news could directly affect Nintendo. We are talking about a legal change in Europe that the successor to Nintendo Switch should take into account.
Specifically, it is a law that establishes that it will be mandatory for portable consoles have replaceable battery from 2027. This means that Nintendo Switch 2 should already have this system.
This is what is legally established:
- The European Union has implemented this new regulation for portable game consoles such as Nintendo Switch and Steam Deck.
- From 2027these consoles will be required to have replaceable batteries.
- The news is expected to affect the successor to Nintendo Switch and future Valve products.
- According to Games Industry, manufacturers will need to make batteries accessible to consumers.
- To replace batteries, consumers can use specialized or commercially available tools.
- Manufacturers will also need to provide instructions and safety information for battery replacement.
- Android Central informs that the regulation will also be extended to tablets and phones from 2027.
What did you think of the news? You can share it in the comments.