Nintendo Switch is already the third best-selling console in history
Nintendo released third-quarter results for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2023. Those figures cover the past holiday season through December 31, 2022, helping boost Switch sales. With 122.55 million units sold globally to date, Nintendo Switch has surpassed PlayStation 4 (117.2 million) and the Game Boy / Game Boy Color family (118.69 million). and is now the third best-selling console in history.
In the first historical position is located PlayStation 2 with more than 155 million units and the family Nintendo DS with 154.02 million units sold.
During this financial report from Nintendo, the best-selling games to date of its last five consoles were also announced – as usual. Among these, Switch continues with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe to the head. However, two new members through the front door are Pokemon Scarlet and PokemonVioletin the seventh overall position of the best-selling Nintendo Switch games with 20.61 million copies.
Best Selling Nintendo Switch Games
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 52 million units
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 41.59 million units
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 30.44 million units
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 29 million units
- Pokemon Sword / Pokemon Shield – 25.68 million units
- Super Mario Odyssey – 25.12 million units
- Pokemon Scarlet / Pokemon Violet – 20.61 million units
- Super Mario Party – 18.79 million units
- Ring Fit Adventure – 15.22 million units
- Pokemon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! / Pokemon: Let’s Go, Eevee! – 15.07 million units
More than 994.30 million Switch games have been sold worldwide. The following 11 positions include:
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe – 14.75 million units
- Pokemon Legends: Arceus – 14.63 million units
- Luigi’s Mansion 3 – 12.44 million units
- Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury – 10.82 million units
- splatoon 3 – 10.13 million units
- Mario Party Superstars – 9.38 million units
- Nintendo Switch Sports – 8.61 million units
- Kirby and the Forgotten Land – 6.12 million units
- Mario Strikers: Battle League – 2.47 million units
- Xenoblade Chronicles 3 – 1.81 million units
- Bayonetta 3 – 1.04 million units
For the strong releases of the year, Nintendo has prepared Kirby’s Return to Dream Land Deluxe, Bayonetta Origins: Cherry and the Lost Demon and of course, The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. We’ll see how the latter continues to boost Switch sales.
Source: Nintendo – investor reports, consolidated units, best-selling software