Nintendo a big year ahead. Maybe one of the last important ones for a successful console/handheld Switch. The Japanese company is well aware of this and is to increase production to meet demand, reports Bloomberg.
The increase in production makes sense from several points of view. The lack of components for the production of important parts is almost a thing of the past, and so Nintendo intends to release this year The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (sequel to the fourth best selling game for Switch) or Pikmin 4.
The Switch was the best-selling console in Europe, the United States and Japan last year. Additionally, Nintendo is not expected to launch a new generation console this year. On the contrary, it will try to sell the Switch in bundles with expected and interesting games.
Source: NintendoLeak reveals Switch in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom design
“There’s no doubt that the Switch OLED will be in high demand when the new Zelda launches, and a large % of buyers will be those switching from the OG Switch or Lite,” Ampere Analysis analyst Piers Harding-Rolls said on Twitter. That one too expects a new console from Nintendo more likely in 2024.
Nintendo Switch sales were 114 million last September. The Switch became Nintendo’s best-selling home console of all time, overtaking the Wii (101.63 million). But it probably won’t match the successful Nintendo DS series (154.02 million). But it can overtake PS4 (116.6 million).
The Nintendo Switch was launched on 03/03/2017.
TOP SELLING GAMES FOR NINTENDO SWITCH
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 48.41 million
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 40.17 million
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 29.53 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 27.79 million
- Pokemon Sword and Shield – 25.37 million
- Super Mario Odyssey – 24.40 million
- Super Mario Party – 18.35 million
- Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl – 14.92 million
- Ring Fit Adventure – 14.87 million
- Pokemon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Let’s Go, Eevee! – 14.81 million