PlayStation 5 has received a new version of its firmware, the 23.01-07.40.00. This is a minor update, although this time it accompanies the description of “improvements in software performance and stability” with “improvements in messages and the ease of use of some screens”. The last major version of the system, 23.01-07.00, brought several new features.
The main features of the latest firmware with new features
PlayStation 5 recently received, after a period in beta phase, several novelties among which the VRR (variable refresh rate) compatibility with 1440p video output stands out and Discord voice chat integration. It also improved accessibility and made migration of saved games from PS4 to PS5 more comfortable in the case of games in the cloud.
- 1440p video output on PS5 has been expanded.
- VRR (Variable Refresh Rate) is now supported in 1440p resolution.
- More HDMI modes and devices are now supported. To check if your HDMI devices are compatible, go to (Settings) > (Display & Video) > (Video Out) > (Test 1440p Output).
- Now you can transfer data between PS5 consoles.
- Easily transfer all your data from PS5 to another PS5. This process does not delete or modify the data on your original PS5.
- You can now join Discord voice chats on your PS5.