Pokemon Purple and Scarlet will have fewer Pokemon and NPC appearances after the new patch
Game Freak and pokemon company have a big update scheduled for Pokemon Scarlet and Purple this month. He patch 1.20 contains fixes for a good number of visual and performance bugs and is 485 MB in size. But perhaps what is most striking is the reduction in the rate of appearance of characters in cities and the appearance of wild Pokemon near towns. This is due to some issues that caused the game to crash without warning.
Below we leave you the 1.20 patch notes for Pokemon Scarlet and Purple, which will be available before the end of the month, with a date yet to be determined (perhaps coinciding with the celebration of Pokemon Day?).
Pokemon Scarlet and Purple Patch 1.20 Fixes
- Additional functionality will be added to Pokemon Boxes:
- From a Pokemon’s overview, players will be able to change their nicknames, marks, save items, and titles related to marks or ribbons, as well as reorder moves, make Pokemon remember moves, make Pokemon forget moves, and use TM.
- Players will be able to change save items by pressing the Y button in the save item view.
- Players will be able to select All Boxes while moving Pokemon or items in Party & Boxes view and Saved Items view.
- When in Battle Team view, Pokemon in your boxes that are assigned to a Battle Team will now have their icons in a darker shade if those Pokemon are members of the currently displayed Battle Team.
- Error correction
- Teraid Raids can cause a bug that prevents the opposing Tera Pokemon’s HP meter from correctly reflecting damage caused by certain moves (such as Cuddles) or certain status conditions, causing the Teracrystallized Pokemon’s HP meter to fluctuate wildly unusual. This will work itself out.
- A bug that causes all Pokemon on your side to faint at once despite their HP meters indicating they still have HP can occur in Black Crystal Theraid battles against Pokemon with perfect stats (seven stars). This will work itself out.
- If a Teracrystallized Pokemon performs certain actions while the player is targeting its movement, an error may occur that temporarily prevents the player from entering data into the game. This will work itself out.
- Errors can occur when someone connecting to a Tera Raid Battle sees a different Pokemon on their screen than the host sees. This will work itself out.
- An error may occur where players who join a Teraid Battle from the Teraid Battles search screen will be taken to a Teraid Battle against a different Pokemon than the one they saw on the screen. This will work itself out.
- Under certain circumstances, an error may occur that causes Tera-raid crystals to not spawn for a certain amount of time. This will work itself out.
Type pairings against Pokemon that have fainted will no longer appear when selecting a move or target during Double Battles.
A Zoroark that has Teracrystallized and disguises itself as another Pokemon using its Illusion Ability can be identified as a Zoroark using the Check Target option. This is a mistake and it will be corrected.
When a Zoroark has teracrystallized and disguises itself as another Pokemon using its Illusion Ability, the move-type pairings are displayed based on the type of the Pokemon Zoroark is disguised as, rather than Zoroark’s Teratype. This is a mistake and it will be corrected.
A Dondozo’s stats with a Tatsugiri in his mouth will increase when Dondozo uses Command, even when the move should have been nullified (for example, by an opponent using Protect). This is an error that will be corrected.
If a Pokemon Teracrystallizes after using Same Fate and then faints, Same Fate’s effects will not activate. This is a mistake and it will be corrected.
- We will be fixing an issue that can cause the game to be force closed in certain places. As a result of this fix, the number of Pokemon and people appearing in certain cities or in the wild may be reduced.
- When a Pokemon that is not part of Paldea’s Pokedex is obtained through a Link Exchange, it appears as registered in Paldea’s Pokedex. This is a mistake and it will be corrected.
- Certain actions may cause the main character’s expressions to not change until the game is closed and reopened. This will work itself out.
- An error occurred for some players after Ranked Battles Season 1, where visiting the Ranked Battles screen immediately after the season results had been calculated would cause an error right after these players received their rewards. After this bug, players were unable to participate in any more ranked battles. This will work itself out.
- If a player has created multiple Battle Teams but does not use the Battle Team in the first slot for their Ranked Battles, they may not receive the Master Rank Ribbon after winning Ranked Battles at the Master Ball level. This will work itself out.
- When a Pokemon you’ve caught is returned to you from another player via Link Exchange, it may not listen to your commands according to what’s written in the profile app (“Pokemon caught at level 20 or below will listen to your commands”). “). This will work itself out.
- A bug is preventing the Pokedex from displaying additional entries (such as Shiny Pokemon entries or Pokemon received via Surprise Trade from players playing in another language) for Pokemon species that were already registered in the Pokedex. This will work itself out.
- Items such as Poké Balls can appear in certain locations on the field unintentionally. This will work itself out.
- Bystanders will no longer show up during certain battles that take place in cities during the main story.
- Other bug fixes.
Important: This update is required to continue using the online features of the game.