We can’t deny that Bethesda is doing a great job preserving the great id Software classics. So much the collection of old games Doom as the remastering of the first quake they are easily achievable on all modern platforms. Now it is the turn of quake IIwhose remastered version has just been released by surprise and brings many new features that will make fans happy.
The “unexpected” arrival of this title occurred within the framework of QuakeCon 2023, but the truth is that its existence had already been leaked a few days before. You can check out the launch trailer below.
The original version of this game was released in 1997 and was a great success despite its little relation to the first. quake. This new remastered version of quake II includes the following additions, improvements, and new features.
- Support for 4K resolution and widescreen. Better character models, lighting, visual effects, animation, and artificial intelligence of enemies.
- Includes original expansions The Reckoning and Ground Zero
- New expansion: Call of the machine
- Includes the Nintendo 64 version, quake 64completely free
- Cooperative and competitive online multiplayer with support for ‘cross play’ or cross play between different platforms.
- Supports four simultaneous players in split screen on Switch and PlayStation. Eight on Xbox.
- Supports motion aiming on controllers like DualSense and Joycon.
This new remastered version of quake II is now available digitally for PlayStation for $9.99 (approximately 40,000 Colombian pesos) and 30,000 Colombian pesos on Nintendo Switch, Xbox, Steam, and the Epic Games Store. It is also part of Game Pass.
Source: Bethesda Softworks official YouTube channel