The first open-world Star Wars game reveals a ton of detail through its creative director.
To everyone’s surprise, Ubisoft presented Star Wars Outlaws at the Xbox Games Showcase 2023. Featured for being the first open world Star Wars gameSet between the events of The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi, the title has yet to share numerous details before its release. For example, now the size of its planets has been revealedwhich will be both new and classic.
The latest issue of EDGE magazine has featured an interview with the creative director Julian Gerightywho has explained that each planet in the game will be big enough to cross it, even with high speed, revealing that each planet could be equivalent in size to two or three zones from Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey. Likewise, it is confirmed that each location has been “made by hand”, without having generated a single complete planet in a procedural manner.
The new Star Wars Outlaws keys
- The reputation system can unlock exclusive missions, vendor prices and locked areas. If you are not on the good side of a faction, they may send people after you, monetary punishment may also follow.
- Players will not have “total free rein” in exploration as planets will not be freely flown and there will be established landing and take-off areas.
- Nix, the alien who accompanies Vass, It can be directed to attack enemies, pick up items, distract or interact with other characters.. The character has been inspired by ideas such as the spider robot from Watch Dogs, Elizabeth from BioShock infinite or BD-1 from Star Wars Jedi.
- Vass’ ship, known as the Trailblazer, is inspired by toys from the ’70s.
- A game image has been sought that imitates the aesthetics of science fiction films and works of the 70s and 80s.
Star Wars Outlaws, which has already shown its first gameplay, is expected on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series and PC, although it has not confirmed its launch platforms for the year 2024.