After seeing the first motherboards last night Intel Z790 listed on the market, specifically in Germany, we can now compare prices with another market, the French one. With this, we can already have a fairly clear idea of the prices that they will be able to present when they reach our market.
It has been in the French store TopAchat where nothing less than 25 motherboard modelsand that they are only from the manufacturers ASUS and MSI. Perhaps most interesting of all, is that starting price is even lower than we have seen in Germany.
The cheapest Z790 is 50 euros cheaper compared to the cheapest AMD X670
As we saw in Germany, Intel motherboards will be slightly more affordable, and this time we come across the ASUS PRIME Z790M-PLUSin its DDR4 variant, as the most affordable option at a price of €269.99. After her we have the ASUS PRIME Z790-P DDR4 by €289.99the MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI DDR4 by €294.99or the ASUS PRIME Z790-P (DDR5) for €299.99.
As we saw in Germany, the latter’s counterpart, the ASUS PRIME X670-P, maintains the same extra cost of 20 euros (319.99 euros). At the moment of truth, a negligible difference, although at the level of specifications there are differences, such as that the Intel model offers PCIe 5.0 x16 interfaceand AMD’s one M.2 NVME PCIe 5.0 slot.
Obviously, if we are looking to build the most affordable gaming gear possible, Intel has the advantage of cheaper motherboards (in addition to being able to use the Intel 600 series), along with access to DDR4 memory. Just looking at these two components, you can already imply a big saving.
Finally, in the case of M: YEStheir most affordable motherboard is the MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI DDR4 by €289.99. This is followed by the MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI at a price of €299.99, which curiously they are €96 less than its AMD counterpart, the MSI PRO X670-P WIFI (399.99 euros). Obviously, all prices have been compared in the same store, so these differences may be smaller or larger depending on the store.
All Intel Z790 motherboards, with their price, listed in France
We summarize at a quick glance all the ASUS and MSI motherboard models listed in the neighboring country.
- ASUS PRIME Z790M-PLUS DDR4 – 269.99 euros
- ASUS PRIME Z790-P DDR4 – 289.99 euros
- MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI DDR4 – 294.99 euros
- ASUS PRIME Z790-P WIFI DDR4 – 299.99 euros
- ASUS PRIME Z790-P – 299.99 euros
- MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI – 309.99 euros
- ASUS PRIME Z790-P WIFI – 314.99 euros
- MSI PRO Z790-A WIFI DDR4 – 329.99 euros
- MSI PRO Z790-A WIFI – 344.99 euros
- MSI MAG Z790 Tomahawk WIFI DDR4 – 379.99 euros
- ASUS TUF GAMING Z790-PLUS DDR4 – 379.99 euros
- ASUS PRIME Z790-A Wi-Fi – 379.99 euros
- ASUS TUF GAMING Z790-PLUS WIFI DDR4 – 389.99 euros
- MSI MAG Z790 Tomahawk WIFI – 399.99 euros
- MSI MPG Z790I EDGE WIFI – 429.99 euros
- MSI MPG Z790 EDGE WIFI DDR4 – 449.99 euros
- MSI MPG Z790 EDGE WIFI – 469.99 euros
- ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI DDR4 – 469.99 euros
- ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-F GAMING WIFI – 559.99 euros
- ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-I GAMING WIFI – 559.99 euros
- MSI MPG Z790 CARBON WIFI – 589.99 euros
- ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-E GAMING WIFI – 649.99 euros
- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO – 789.99 euros
- MSI MEG Z790 ACE – 869.99 euros
- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 EXTREME – 1,369.99 euros