State of Play: All announcements of the PS5 event at a glance
The first State of Play 2023 is over. In line with the fresh launch of PlayStation VR 2, the 45-minute showcase featured a few titles for the new VR glasses. In addition to further updates to well-known games, the next PS Plus games for Essential, Extra and Premium were also presented. As a bouncer, there was a lot to see about Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League.
Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League features 4-player co-op
- release: May 26, 2023 (PS5 only)
A full 15 minutes of State of Play was devoted to Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League. Rocksteady Studios’ action-adventure (Batman Arkham series) featured four-player co-op gameplay for the first time. This gives us an idea of how differently the actual DC villains King Shark, Captain Boomerang, Harley Quinn and Deadshot play, who have to deal with an extraterrestrial power and corrupted superheroes like Flash and Superman.
Resident Evil 4 Remake: Mercenaries mode and demo announced
There were two new things about the remake of Resident Evil 4: On the one hand, the popular mercenary mode is returning with The Mercenaries, which is being delivered as a free DLC. On the other hand, there will be a demo that will soon be available for PS4 and PS5. In addition, the new trailer delivers a lot of action-packed gameplay in which Leon and Krauser clash.
More about Resi 4 at the State of Play can be found here:
A new trailer also showed news about the open-world sandbox adventure Tchia. The title will be released on March 21 for PS4, PS5 and PC and even Day One in the PS Plus Extra and PS Plus Premium subscription levels.
The trailer also tells us more about the story that we experience together with our heroine Tchia. Their home island has been invaded by strange creatures, the Manno, on Meavora’s orders. In order to save her father, she must face them and use the environment to do so.
PS Plus games revealed for March 2023
Between all the game announcements, the March games for the PS Plus subscription service were also announced. There we have the free games for Essential, which we will present to you in more detail in an extra article:
March’s new games for the PS Extra/Premium games catalog have also been revealed:
All PlayStation VR 2 titles
- The Foglands: Sci-fi western roguelike in which we will claim loot and and in the fog against monsters (2023)
- Green Hell VR: Survival game with tropical rainforest as setting (2023)
- synapse: Cover shooter with telekinetic powers (2023)
- Journey to Foundation: story-driven sci-fi game (fall 2023)
- Before Your Eyes: narrative adventure about first love and heartbreaking truths (March 10, 2023)
All other games shown
- Destiny 2: Lightfall (Sci-Fi Shooter DLC) Introduces User-Friendly Features (February 23, 2023)
- Humanity: The puzzle game gets a demo (May 2023)
- Goodbye Vulcano HighNarrative Adventure Shows Performance Gameplay and Introduces New Song (June 15, 2023)
- Naruto X Boruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Connections is the next part of the series about the ninja Naruto (2023)
- Baldur’s Gate 3: New information about the multiplayer and pre-order of the role-playing game (31 August 2023)
- Way finder: Online RPG features content from the first season (Season 1 in April 2023)
- street fighter 6 introduces the characters Zangief, Lily and Cammy (June 2, 2023)
How did you like the first State of Play 2023? What was your highlight and which games did you miss? Tell us in the comments.