Developers Jagged Alliance 3 from Haemimont Games are well aware that they are working on a cult brand that has a lot of fans. They want to finally bring a worthy successor to the legendary Jagged Alliance 2. They realize that there is a lot of pressure on them. At the same time, they know they can’t screw it up (a more polite version). That is why they are happy to be able to rely on cooperation with By Ian Currieauthor of the original two-part Jagged Alliance.
Ian Currie founded the MadLab Software studio in the early 1990s, where he created the first Jagged Alliance. The company then became the Canadian branch of American publisher Sir-Tech, and Currie was responsible for game development. In this position, he was heavily involved in the development of Jagged Alliance 2.
Currie was initially skeptical and did not want to work with Haemimont Games. Mainly because he was not impressed by the newer parts of the series. But THQ Nordic convinced him, promised him full support, and now Currie doesn’t have to rush anywhere.
Currie has been involved with Jagged Alliance 3 since the very beginning. He is happy to work with Haemimont Games where he is many fans of the original series. Currie himself is in charge of the story, script and characters, as well as participating in all desEsports Extrasdecisions. Thanks to this, the trio should have the same effect as its predecessors, only in a more modern form.
The press release lists the pillars of the Jagged Alliance series that have made the brand popular. It is a unique combination of strategic campaEsports Extrasmanagement, a huge world to explore, diverse side quests, complex tactical combat and favorite characters. Jagged Alliance 3 is meant to stay true to these elements.
- Engage in rich, tactical turn-based combat.
- Recruit your team members from a large roster of unique mercenaries including community favorites.
- Collect loot and customize your arsenal of weapons and equipment.
- Choose from a wide variety of special perks and customize the mercenaries you develop.
- Decide the fate of Grand Chien in an open structure RPG style.
- Control the territory, train the local population, command several groups and defend against the enemy army in a living, active world.
- Enjoy the campaEsports Extraswith friends in online co-op mode.
Jagged Alliance 3 is in development for PC and is due out sometime this year.