Call of Duty
The multiplayer of Call of Duty MW2 and Warzone 2, in detail: dates, trailers and news of the CoD Next event
It had been a long time since Activision and its subsidiary companies used the trade name of Call of Duty Next to offer us an exclusive event of his most prolific saga. However, this year deserves it, and 2022 will not only see the launch of Modern Warfare 2, a sequel to the 2019 installment, which in turn is a reimagining of the 2007 game; but Warzone 2 will not only rear its head, but will be released this year as rumors initially pointed out.
An event with only 3 fundamental pillars that we have compiled in a single article so you don’t lose anything of the war saga.
Call of Duty Next in detail
Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer
Activision has waited for this September 15 and has anticipated that the team has placed a lot of emphasis on the artificial intelligence and how it has improved and will improve in future installments. The team has revamped her and included repositioning of AI controlled squad mates, we’ll also see NPCs Y civil movement in multiplayer battles.
Likewise, the team recovers and remodels one of the most critical aspects of Black Ops III, which is the water combat. While they will move away from that approach, the game includes new swimming moves, water combat, diving and breath control, all to offer a tactical improvement in combat.
Far from this, they have been announced 2 game modes more for multiplayer:
- special-ops. It was already available in the original Modern Warfare 2 and here it returns with a larger scale in its game maps in a 2 player experience.
- raid. At the moment, it remains in doubt, but it will arrive before the end of the year and promises 3v3 raids that remind us of a slightly less tactical version of Rainbow Six Siege.
war zone 2.0
It does not surprise anyone and we already knew that it existed, but not that the next one would come Nov. 16 to all platforms, and free. In this case, the Raven Software team, as in 2019, has shared graphics engine with Modern Warfare 2, as well as its gameplay enhancements.
Warzone 2.0 will be set, at least its first map, in a region of West Asia called Al-Mazrah. The most curious thing is that Warzone will expand beyond the battle royale with a game mode called DMZ: it will be an experience sandbox huge that not much is known about, but that will come to the game once it is released in November.
- The circle/zone has been completely redesigned.
- The vehicular combat now it is more important than ever being able to get on the roof of the car to execute attacks or abilities.
- Like FortniteWarzone 2.0 will include AI controlled enemies as one more faction within the game map.
- The gulag has also changed: now we will have 2v2 combat where we can loot looking for new weapons.
Improvements in Ricochet, the fear of hackers
Much has been said about Ricochet, but little officially. We know that, like other AntiCheat, it works by banning and removing players from game sessions, but the Activision team has kept their news somewhat secret. Now, they are going all out with Ricochet and they have improved and implemented base system in Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2.0. will work at level of kernelsomething worrying and necessary, and will be activated immediately once both games hit the market in October and November.