A new driver from AMD and a new disappointment for the millions of gamers around the world. You have to be critical of what is happening, without a doubt, because this new driver is focused, once again and exclusively, on the RX 7900. What about the hundreds of graphics cards that have been sold in the last decade? Absolute silence from AMD. There are not even launch forecasts for a new version, but it is already 48 days since the last one was released. Instead, these are the new drivers of AMD with support for Forspokendoes anyone understand?
Just before the staging of the RX 7900. It will end up being true that AMD has screwed up with RDNA 3, and it is that all efforts are focused exclusively on this architecture and its software. Nothing has been revealed about it, but all other users have been left aside in a post about something we still don’t know.
AMD has not released a driver for the rest of the GPUs for 48 days
And it was the December 8 when the company made its latest driver available to everyone, which logically included the RX 6950 XT, with so only 7 months old. This means that no player who does not have an RX 7900 in its two versions has optimization for any title after the mentioned date.
If we remember correctly, this is the first time in history that something like this has happened and for such a long time, so therefore these AMD Adrenalin 23.1.2 drivers with support for titles like Forspoken or Valhiemthey are only exclusive for two of the hundreds of models on the market waiting for said update of their drivers, with their corresponding error corrections.
With that said, let’s see what these new drivers offer for those who already own an RX 7900 XT or RX 7900 XTX.
Adrenalin 23.1.2: AMD driver with support for Forspoken
The key points of these new drivers, which you can download from here, are the following:
- Official support for Forspoken
- Compiler IREE using the MLIR interface in Vulkan.
- Additional V extensionsorlkan.
- Intermittent “driver timeout” may occur when applying performance tuning “Auto Overclock“.
- when playing valheimyou may experience an application crash or “driver timeout” using the API of vulkan.
- while you play The Witcher 3: Wild Hunta “driver timeout” can occur when the Ray Tracing setting is enabled.
- Minor performance degradation may be observed after applying a factory reset of settings.
- It has been observed a high idle power consumption when using high resolution, high refresh rate displays.
- Crashes or “driver timeout” may occur when using Radeon Super Resolution with some extended display settings.
- Stuttering or performance drop may be observed during some games or with video playback with some extended display configurations.
- Stuttering can be observed in UNCHARTED 4: A Thief’s End during the game’s opening sequence.
- Some Virtual Reality games or applications may experience lower performance than expected.
As we can see, everything revolves around driver timeout errors, so let’s hope that AMD can solve all this and return to the path of unifying drivers, or at least launch two different aspects.