Twitch: Streamer has dirty thoughts on a dialogue in Hogwarts Legacy
The German Twitch streamer Trymacs only got a taste of Hogwarts Legacy for 3 hours and came across a dialogue that he just couldn’t get along with. It was about “crossed sticks.”
How is Hogwarts Legacy received on German Twitch?
- Hogwarts Legacy has been number one by far on German Twitch for 2 weeks. It’s garnered twice as many viewer hours as League of Legends.
- The most successful German twitch streamers for Hogwarts Legacy are eliasn97, the only slightly choleric shooter professional ELoTRiX and MickyTV.
- Trymacs, who is otherwise known for not having found a hype train that he would not have jumped on, only streamed Hogwarts Legacy for 3 hours on Twitch, but was already ranked 19th among the German streamers.
Gronkh, who’s been the cause of so much trouble, hasn’t shown a second of Hogwarts Legacy on Twitch:
Twitch: Gronkh asks, “Am I a bad person if I don’t care about JK Rowling?” – Trending on Twitter
“Someone has to notice that! It’s getting more and more ambiguous?”
What scene did Trymacs kill? Trymacs listens to dialogue between 2 magician students on Twitch: His player character speaks to “Lucan Brattleby” who explains to him how the “Dueling Club of Crossed Wands” works.
Trymacs already starts to grin when his game character asks: “How’s that going with the crossed sticks?”
The Ghostbusters quote “never cross the rays” is immediately mentioned in the chat.
When the student declares: “Whoever is still standing at the end wins”, Trymacs is finally convinced that ambiguous allusions to homosexual intercourse are hidden here.
For “Next time, bring a partner or do it alone,” Trymacs pleads into the camera, “Who wrote that? Somebody has to notice that! It’s becoming more and more ambiguous!”
What does he mean? According to the Urbandictiornary, “crossing swords” is a paraphrase for a man accidentally touching his penis to another man during a sex act with multiple partners.
Allusions to this supposed “rule among men” are the two phrases: “never cross the rays” and “never cross the swords”.
Trymacs and his chat probably have 3 famous scenes from pop culture products in mind:
- Once “Ghostbusters”: never cross the rays. That’s a strict ban, but it’s circumvented to defeat the first film’s boss, Marshmallow Man (via YouTube)
- Spaceballs, where there is a lightsaber duel between Lord Helmchen and Lone Starr and the swords not only cross, but even interlock (via youtube)
- And “How I Met Your Mother”, where Barney warns against the “*text muted* threesome” (2 men, one woman): Bros should never make eye contact in a *text muted* threesome (via youtube)
Once you get the funnel that “crossing the bars” is a sexual innuendo, you can’t seem to get out of the act, instead seeing more and more references to homosexual intercourse.
More on Trymacs:
Twitch streamer Trymacs reveals his insane Pay2Win spend – Comes to €80,000 in FIFA alone