Despite having a short time to live compared to other titles, VALORANT is growing by leaps and bounds year after year. The shooter Riot Games is evolving in all possible aspects, starting from its gameplay, passing through its competitive scene and reaching its audiences. In this last aspect, Riot has no cause for complaint since, according to data from Streams ChartsVALORANT has been the shooter most viewed of 2022.
The data from Streams Charts claim that VALORANT has been the shooter most viewed of the year thanks to a total of 1.126 million hours viewed on Twitch. The platform report collects the category data and determines that the shooter They are the current dominators of Twitch. In addition, the platform has great content creators interested in these titles. This is the complete list:
- VALORANT: 1,126 million hours viewed
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS:GO): 684.75 million hours viewed
- Apex Legends: 640.97 million hours viewed
- Fortnite: 599.49 million hours viewed
- Call of Duty: Warzone: 416.48 million hours viewed
- Escape from Tarkov: 269.62 million hours viewed
- Rust: 267.5 million hours viewed
- Overwatch 2: 215.29 million hours viewed
- PUBG: BATTLEGROUNDS: 120.85 million hours viewed
- Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Siege: 102.8 million hours viewed
In terms of audience, VALORANT is close to doubling its main competitor in terms of total hours viewed. However, according to data from Streams Chartsthe shooter from Riot Games has yet to surpass CS:GO and Fortnite in its audience peaks. The Valve title reached 1,641,825 viewers, while that of Epic Games reached 1,184,381. The same situation applies within esports, as both Majors 2022 were more viewed than the VALORANT Champions, the World Cup shooter from Riot.
Much of VALORANT’s success is due to the dedicated community of content creators it has, both creating their own live streams and co-streaming. The great reflection of this is Tarik Celik, who is the second most viewed content creator in all the shooteryes. The former professional player is only behind Gaules, who is dedicated to CS:GO and has 126.03 million hours viewed, and accumulates a total of 69.47 million hours viewed in the genre.