There's a new record on Steam: The survival hit Terraria achieved a total of one…
The current update “Veilbreaker” brought some changes to the MMO Warframe. In addition to new content, there were also a few balance adjustments that players are very unhappy with.
Warframe is a 2013 free looter shooter from developers Digital Extremes. The Steam reviews were always largely positive, most recently the MMO had 88% positive ratings. But in the last 30 days, only 27% of the reviews are positive.
On September 7th, Warframe received the Veilbreaker update, which was not well received by players at all.
What’s new? The update brings these changes:
- The “Veilbreaker” story quest. In order to be able to play them, however, you must have completed the previous story quests.
- Completing the quest will unlock new weekly content where you can farm Archon Shards. This will improve your equipment. Each Archon Hunt has a shard.
- There are no more sniper and shotgun ammo, just primary, secondary, and heavy ammo.
- Numerous weapons have been nerfed, including the melee weapons.
A legendary hero also returned with the update:
Players react negatively to nerfs and annoying grinding
Here’s why players are reacting negatively to the update: According to angry Steam reviews, in order to be able to play the new content, you have to grind for days. Warframe now appears to be capping certain achievements.
This means that you can only earn a certain amount each day, which is why you have to log in every day. This gave Warframe the character of a mobile game.
However, the players react particularly negatively to the nerf of the melee weapons, which were previously the best. Now they are significantly weaker. There are new mods to improve them, but again these require a long grind.
AoE weapon nerfs and a reduction in maximum ammo also bother players in Warframe.
This is what the community says: We at MeinMMO have captured a few voices from the reviews to better represent the situation:
- Inspire writes: “The game should be called Nerframe.”
- Skilpadije writes: “It was a great game and well worth the 1300 hours. But it wouldn’t be worth starting now, so keep your hands off it.”
- .exe writes: “Run! Now!”
- James Vahn writes: “Nerf Nerf Nerf and more nerfs are coming. I just don’t understand Digital Extremes. I guess they don’t want people to enjoy a PvE game.”
What do you think of the Veilbreaker update in Warframe? Are you also angry about the nerfs and changes? Or are you satisfied with the balance patches? Do you actively play the MMO? How many hours of play do you have? Write it to us in the comments here on MeinMMO!
Mastermind behind . Everquest is making a new game for Amazon – he says